BRACHIOPLASTY ON TUESDAY - have to choose axillary or bra*****ision?!?!

ametzger
on 4/4/13 1:10 am - MI
VSG on 04/23/12

Hey Guys!

I am having abdominoplasty with muscle tightening and a brachioplasty this Tuesday (YAY!).  My physician said that I am a candidate for either brachioplasty technique - a mini arm lift with incision in the armpit or traditional brachioplasty with the incisions from armpit to elbow,

Has anyone had the mini arm lift with armpit incisions and are you happy with the results?!?!  I have read a lot online that people aren't very pleased with their results, but I am not sure of their reasoning.  My doctor did say that my arms won't be AS tight if he did the axillary incision versus the traditional down the arm incision, but I think I am okay with that.  He said that judging by my skin tone/type, if he did the traditional long incisions that they would most likely produce bad scars.

What do you all think?!?!  Trade thick bad scars with tighter arms or stick with the armpit incisions with the least amount of scarring, but maybe not as tight of arms?  This is a HARD decision!!

Laura in Texas
on 4/4/13 1:25 am

You have to decide what is most important to you. The shape of my arms and the rest of my body as well is more important to me than the scarring. I had a full brachioplasty and am thankful I did. My arms are fabulous.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active