Panniculectomy and Lipo Thighs

1SushiDiva
on 4/28/13 5:49 am - MD
I had my procedures on the 24th so far so good. They kept me one night for observations. I have a binder no compression? I go for follow-up on the 2nd everything looks good my concern is my thighs are larger then I started out with they are purple outside of the suction wounds !?!!? Is this normal?

I can stand upright but when walk the thighs rub together n it's ver painful!

jeterway
on 4/28/13 8:35 am
Swelling and black and blue skin are the after effects of lipo so all is normal. No compression garment on thighs? I know some docs don't use compression. The swelling and purple marks will ease up in time. All seems normal to me.

Angela B.
on 4/28/13 10:36 am
I had quite a bit of lipo on my thighs with my LBL, and it was quite painful. Actually, even six months later, the lipo areas are still very sensitive. Some bruising and swelling is normal. What you want to look for is further change in color, heat, or drainage around the wounds, that would be cause for concern.

You can ask about a compression garment when you go in for your first follow up. Not all doctors use them, but I found it very helpful. Hard to get in and out of at first, but the extra support was very comforting!

1SushiDiva
on 4/28/13 12:32 pm - MD
That's good to hear thanks for responding..

Most Active