11 days out and swelling question

Tess145
on 4/28/13 11:08 pm - Senatobia, MS

I am just checking in after my butt and thigh lift.  I still have one drain that I hope to lose on Wednesday during my second check up.  My question today is that I am swelling considerably above the cheek area in the middle of my back where my incision meets.  I almost feel like I have a third butt cheek.  Have any of you had this same swelling?  Other than that, I have been doing pretty good.  I still have a good bit of pain in my hips but my back is the killer for me where the swelling is.  My results look really good though and I know this will be over soon enough but it sure makes my back look funny with the swelling and it is very painful.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Kim S.
on 4/28/13 11:31 pm - Helena, AL

My upper butt/lower back swelled pretty good-and STILL does on occasion.  It took several months before everything settled.  I think walking helps it go down and lots of fluids, and of course the binder....not too tight, but snug.  Mine still swells after boot camp classes.

KeepOn
on 4/29/13 5:54 am

I think the type of compression garment makes a big difference with regards to swelling.

The garment I was made to wear went from the ankles to under the breasts.  It was to be worn 24/7 for 6 weeks. Of course not when showering. It amazingly kept the swelling totally under control. Almost non existent. it  I really didn't have swelling until I started not wearing it on week 7 . I'd put it on at night to help.

You might try an ice pad on top of a towel, this can help with the swelling and aleve some of the pain.

Good luck.

MyBariatricLife
on 4/30/13 10:11 am
I am curious as to how much swelling you had after the seven weeks... Was is as much swelling as people have who do not where a compression garment from the start? Thanks.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Tess145
on 4/30/13 12:27 am - Senatobia, MS

Thanks for both of you chiming in.  I do not have the go ahead yet from my surgeon to wear my compression garment.  He wanted me to wait for two weeks before I started wearing it and he wants all my drains to be gone.  I hope to have this done by Thursday so hopefully, I will have my garment on and some much need relief on my backside.  Thanks again.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Most Active