Swelling question again

BetsyDP
on 6/6/13 1:18 pm - East Lansing, MI

After your TT did your swelling feel heavy, like a bit like late stage pregnancy.  Not that I'm noticeably swelling that large, but I do feel a heaviness at times.  And itching with binders, what can I do for relief,  I'm not suppos to put lotions on yet.  Only 3 weeks out.  

P. Poster
on 6/6/13 3:11 pm

Yep, feels very much like pregnancy swelling & bloating to me, all the way down to my toes.  The binder helps, and elevating my feet/legs when I lay.  Im also drinking lots of fluids to keep it moving.  Im almost 7 weeks out and still have a lot of swelling, especially at the end of the day.

Itching- Im living on Benadryl.  Its the only thing that helps even the slightest.  The itching is crazy!  Mine is from a few places- the healing incisions, the open wounds, the areas of skin that are being pulled off from any tape or dressings I have to keep using, and deep inside from the butt autoaugmentation.  Sometimes it takes everything I have not to scratch.  Massage also seems to help a bit, just light circular pressure adjacent to the itchy areas. 

Cindyc59
on 6/6/13 11:52 pm

for the itching what helped me was I wore a mans sleeveless tank top and put the binder over it.  If you have drains I used a lanyard or two big shoe strings tied together and slide the drains on the shoestring and put the shoestring around my neck worked like a charm no pulling or tuging.

MyBariatricLife
on 6/7/13 12:07 am

Welcome to swell hell - week 3 is generally the worst for most patients. My swelling was all pooled into the center of my lower ab. I felt like I was carrying a bowling ball there. It was rather uncomfortable and I found that using the support garments like Flexes (I do not use compression garments) helped alot to relieve the discomfort. If it got really bad then I would wrap my hospital binder tight around the area. If you are like most patients, next week you will begin to feel much better. And at 6 weeks post op you will feel so much better.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyLady Heidi
on 6/7/13 3:49 am

I don't know about anyone else but my swelling last for a long time and I still get it sometimes when I bloat, the same full feeling like when you first have your tummy tuck.  It is weird.  I doubt seriously I could ever really stand to actually gain weight again as my muscles are tight and I think stretching them back out would hurt.  I don't remember being pregnant, it was so long ago, but I definately know what swelling and tightness feels like.  I would skip the lotions, you aren't supposed to put that stuff on new scars and if they itch you are allowed to slap the itch instead of itching it.

Most Active