3:30 AM Can't sleep

Cinn
on 6/12/13 5:36 pm - MI

So I thought I'd get online. In the afternoon is my 1 week post LBL follow up appointment. I'm as anxious as ever to get some drains yanked. Tired of being hooked into the Matrix. I know at least one of them is going to stay--a JP. It's filling up fast. But I have have two dead pain pumps, one broken JP, and two JPs that aren't really filling. So we'll see about that.

Hoping he cleans up all the wounds, too. I'm wrapped in tape and not allowed to touch it for a week. Man that's gonna hurt if he yanks all that off! Also, my belly button has been covered up all this time. It would be net to actually see it.

Maybe some further mobility will make me feel a bit more human. I've spent this first week on the couch trying to stay drugged and sleeping. I have been up to do dishes (my teens are not the best at keeping the house). I've also fixed a plate of food and been up to do a few things but not much. I know I need to get blood pumping to places.

I sure hope I can shower. That's about it OH family. I'll post after my 2:00 PM EST visit. I pray I have good news. Hope my fellow surgery mates are doing well, too. Keep my posted on your progress and what you're going through now that it's been a week.

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

Tess145
on 6/12/13 10:41 pm - Senatobia, MS

Glad you are doing well!  You should lose 3 or 4 of those "matrix" wires today.  That will make you feel super and a real shower will make you feel almost normal.  Look forward to hearing from you tonight.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

exohexoh
on 6/13/13 1:14 am - West Chester, PA
Glad to hear you're doing well! Hopefully you'll get most of those drains pulled.

I'm doing really well. I've been sitting at the table for most meals the past few days which is a big deal for me. Can get myself into and out of my cocoon/pillow heaven on the recliner lol. My sister brought my nieces over during the week and the 5 year old was jealous of all the "comfy stuff" I had on the couch. I'm trying to go as long as I can without my pain pills. Last night it was 8 1/2 hours from when I took one until I woke up. I hurt a bit but was okay after I took one. I've been aiming for 5 1/2-6 hours. I've done a sponge bath and shower, hopefully another one tonight when my mom gets home. I have my appointment tomorrow morning so hopefully 24 hours from now both drains will be pulled. They were both under 5 cc's this morning. I am super swollen and black and blue though.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

RobynJC
on 6/13/13 1:29 am

Hi!  

Just got back from my week follow up with the doc.  She took out 2 drains and the pain pump guides.  And man oh man...... it DOES make you feel a little more human.  

One thing I find really interesting is the different protocols the docs have.  My doc took my dressings off the Friday after my sugery, my belly button has been uncovered.  I have steri strips along my incision. And I've been able to shower since last Friday too (and holy moly, that makes you feel more human than the drains being removed).  

Hope you get to take a great power nap today!

exohexoh
on 6/13/13 4:45 am - West Chester, PA
I've had those same protocols. As well as no binder or compression. He doesn't like using them for at least a week

<3 jen <3

exohexoh
on 6/13/13 4:45 am - West Chester, PA
Oh and yay getting out drains! How many do you have left? I can't wait for mine to be gone tomorrow

<3 jen <3

Cinn
on 6/13/13 10:41 am - MI

Love hearing your updates! Went this afternoon for mine. Got both pain pumps removed. Left side JPs removed but both right ones are staying put. Figured as much.

He took off all the tape and gauze and stuff. Ewww! My belly button is so gross! Cleaned it all out with alcohol and man did that hurt. Now I just have gauze over the JP and my binder. That's it. The itching and swelling have begun. My poor backside is sore. At least my skin can breathe from all that tape. It's pretty raw. And I can shower now!

Finally stepped on the scale. He took 17 #s of skin off but I lost 11 according to the scale. I imagine the slower BM rate and the swell don't help but I'm feeling grateful and blessed with everything right now.

I'm so glad I have all of you to go with me through this journey! One week down girls!

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

exohexoh
on 6/13/13 11:29 am - West Chester, PA
Yay!

I'm excited and dreading getting the drains pulled! They were both under 15ccs today so I'm sure they'll both come out. I plan on taking a Percocet as soon as I leave the house so they're at peak time when I'm there.

Doesn't showering feel great? We realized washing my hair was easier in the sink though

<3 jen <3

Most Active