The FULL enchilada! Getting prepared?!

Lyss Remaly
on 6/17/13 11:52 am - Wheeling, IL

HI ALL!!

I've lost 180 lbs after my DS surgery and am going in for my plastics August 9th.  I'm having a LBL, a back tuck/lipo and natural boob augmentation.  I am also in the process of training for a bodybuilding competition so I am losing a lot of body fat and building muscle.

Currently, I'm working on getting as LEAN as possible for surgery and making sure my heart is strong and so are my lungs so my recovery and surgery are as successful as possible.  Does anyone have any suggestions of other things I can be doing during these last 53 days to get ready?

Any and all advice is welcome!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

exohexoh
on 6/17/13 12:02 pm - West Chester, PA
With the bodybuilding I'm sure you're already consuming a Ton of protein and working out. I think upping the protein and working my abs a lot is what is helping me recover so easily. I had an extended tt with inner thigh and hip/back lipo on the 6th. Just take your time with recovery and walk as much as you can as soon as you can.

One thing I would have done differently is work my back muscles more. That is mostly all that hurts right now, from supporting me being hunched over and sitting more than usual. Possibly the sleeping on a recliner too!

Good luck with everything and don't be afraid to ask anything. There's a bunch of us that had surgery in the last few weeks, so were going through everything now.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Lyss Remaly
on 6/17/13 12:04 pm - Wheeling, IL

Thank you SO much!!  If you don't  mind me asking are you at your goal weight or are you close to it?  That is one things I'm worried about too.  I'm about 5 lbs away from my ultimate goal weight and would like to get below it for surgery. 

exohexoh
on 6/17/13 12:12 pm - West Chester, PA
I never got close to my ultimate goal. My first goal was 173 (last time before surgery I lost weight I couldn't get below 174) and hit that pretty quick. Next was 150, which I hit and then bounced up from. At surgery I was 162, my ultimate goal was 130 but after a year of not losing more no matter what it didn't look like it was going to happen. My surgeon took off 7 1/2 pounds of skin (I still won't step on a scale with all this swelling! Haha) plus the lipo, so I'm guessing I should be around 150. With the skin gone I can't really imagine being much smaller anyway.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

MyBariatricLife
on 6/17/13 1:38 pm

Are you taking amino acids? I swear by glutamine powder. 

How big can the surgeon make your breasts with the auto augmentation? I just learned today that there is such a procedure. Where will he get your body fat from if you lose it all?!?! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 6/17/13 2:24 pm

Here is a research article that I wrote on amino acids that aid weight loss: http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/158592/acids-a id-weight 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Mell
on 6/18/13 1:44 am

Will the glutamine pill work as well?

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

MyBariatricLife
on 6/18/13 2:46 am

I just don't think our bodies - with our shortened digestive tract - absorb the nutrients from pills as well as something that is more easily digestible like a liquid. Of course, I take a lot of supplements in pill/capsule form. But I had been taking magnesium citrate as a powder mixed into water and later switched to the pill form. For me the pill was not as effective - my leg tingling/numbness returned. I think we absorb liquid nutrition more fully, but that is just my non-clinical perspective.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Lyss Remaly
on 6/23/13 6:28 am - Wheeling, IL

I asked him if he could just move my back tits to my front tits and he said that pretty much that's what they are going to to!  YIPEE SKIPPY!!!  haha.  I LOVE glutamine!  Especially since I lift heavy 6 days a week I sweat by it!  I do Glutamine and BCAA's before and after a workout.  I also drink it before I go to bed ESPECIALLY after leg day so I can avoid walking like a baby giraffe!

MyBariatricLife
on 6/23/13 11:11 am

LOL, I enjoy your humor and colorful language. I should have asked my surgeon to move my belly fat to my boobs when he did the tummy tuck! Please tell me about the back tuck and lipo. Now that I had the TT I look good in a two piece bathing suit - until I turn around, yikes! I have old lady back. Ewwwwwwww.

I am going in for a consult next month to have him look at everything. I feel that having the TT was like getting new carpeting. And now I see that I need new drapes, paint and wallpaper!

very happy for you!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active