Getting plastics covered by insurance??

juleskar
on 6/26/13 7:37 am
Let me start out by stating I haven't had a consultation for reconstructive surgery yet. I have severe chronic lowback and neck pain.
I'm looking for any information that I can look into which might help get my insurance company to pay for my plastic surgery. I know that some companies require at least 3 months of rash treatment to show that the rashes aren't able to be treated by medications. But my excess skin on my lower stomach and breasts, shifts from side to side when I move about, it's throwing out my neck and back. Has anyone had any success in getting the reconstructive surgery covered for these types of issues?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Brooke F.
on 6/26/13 7:47 am - CA
First of all check to see what *your* insurance company requires and if they even cover it at all. That's your starting point.
Kim S.
on 6/27/13 1:56 am - Helena, AL

Yep, what Brook said.  If they don't cover it, no amount of documentation will get them to cover it.

Mine covered reconstructive surgery after massive weight loss and "excess skin remediation"........but I still had to pay out of pocket for my whole surgery because I wasn't deemed "severe" enough.

Most Active