3K 4 weeks after TT? Is this crazy?

Mlkpas
on 8/5/13 9:30 am - Pasadena, CA

Some friends at my gym are wanting to put together a team to do a 3K obstacle run at the USMC boot camp in San Diego.  Apparently you race and do challenges including pushups and obstacles while the drill instructors yell at you!  LOL

My TT is scheduled for August 30.  Am I totally crazy to even consider doing this on September 28?

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

Crazeru
on 8/5/13 9:53 am

Your doctor most likely won't clear you for hard exercise until you are at least 6 weeks out or longer.  You'll have internal stitches that need longer to heal.  Put off your PS if you want to do the 3K.

If you were just walking a 3K, go for it, but an obstacle run?

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

MyBariatricLife
on 8/5/13 11:35 am

Oh, at 4-weeks I wasn't even cleared for sex.

Even at 6-weeks my surgeon only cleared me for walking a little more intensley than I had been walking previously... I think 3 mph on a treadmill. I was told to wait 8-weeks post op. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Mlkpas
on 8/5/13 11:44 am - Pasadena, CA

Thanks, ladies, for being the voice of reason!  I think I will go with my friends and cheer them on from the sidelines!

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

Kim S.
on 8/5/13 11:08 pm - Helena, AL

I was back to running at 4 weeks, but I could not have done the obstacles, especially push ups at 4 weeks......I went back to boot camp at 8 weeks, and was still having to modify many ab using exercises.

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/13 12:59 am

YEP .  At the very least you will stretch what can be virtually an invisible scar if you stay STILL while it heals ( weeks ) .. into an inch wide flaming red obvious and hideous thing .  Why such a rush ? 

Most Active