So cal plastic surgeons? Want Tummy Tuck, thigh lift, implants, arm

dicastro1010
on 8/6/13 8:39 am - Escondido, CA

Yeah, so pretty much want everything done LOL. I have been at goal for a while and dont think my main icky areas are getting any better or more firm so I would like some work done.

So far I have only had one consultation with Dr. Laverson out of Encinitas. All his reviews on YELP are great. His pics of TT's are some of the best I have seen, but he doesn't have any pics of arms or legs. :/

He recommended a impant no lift for the boobies, and then the tummy tuck. I didn't even talk to him about arms/legs because at that time a few months ago I was undecided about that part, but now I know I want it all done, I just don't know about all at once or seperate or? I also don't know if there are other Dr's I should really check out. Any advice?

I am 31 and super active. My sleeve surgery was a breeze but I am terrified of the TT recovery and that huge incision with drain tubes etc. Don't know much about the thigh/arm surgeries at all...My biggest concern is how much time I would have to take off of the gym if I separate the surgeries, but I realize I also need to be able to move around.

Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

Brooke F.
on 8/6/13 11:24 am - CA

I did my TT with Dr. Katzen in Beverly Hills. He is very good! I love my results!!! He has wonderful after care and is very compassionate all around. I traveled from Northern California to have him do my surgery. :)

msromagnola
on 8/6/13 12:05 pm

I think I am a wimp... but I just had panni and arms done two weeks ago.  I still want the thighs done and seems like arms might need a revision.

If I could afford it, I would do it all separately.  For me, it was difficult dealing with the arms and the stomach - drains, etc... together.

MSROMAGNOLA
juleskar
on 8/6/13 4:31 pm

If I ever come up with the money, I'd definitely be seeing Dr Katzen

MyBariatricLife
on 8/6/13 1:28 pm

Because you are young and super active you should have a much easier recovery from the TT than the average person.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Brooke F.
on 8/6/13 2:37 pm - CA

The first couple days are a blur for me, I remember being in pain, but also forget just what the pain felt like! I suggest a pain pump...I'm a pain wimp...so I got one :)

califsleevin
on 8/7/13 10:19 am - CA

Both my wife and I have gone thru plastics with Dr. Katzen (I just saw the doc last night for a follow-up). I do know a couple of people who have done the whole show at once - you certainly get taken down a lot farther and have a longer recovery than any of the stages, but overall the total process can be shorter that way. My wife two staged the LBL and thigh lift a month apart, and would be inclined to spread them farther out, but we are up there in years and she doesn't have the activity/gym concerns that you have. Certainly discuss staging, or not, with the surgeon(s) and get their take on it. Beyond your recovery, another big consideration for them is operating time (particularly time under anesthesia) which gets back to how much work needs to be done on you for each segment of the job - someone with more extreme excess skin may not be able to do it all in on shot while a more moderate case may be workable.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Crazeru
on 8/7/13 10:51 am

I had everything done at once with Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  I was off for 8 weeks, but a younger person could go back to work sooner.  It'll still be 6-8 weeks before you can do much in the gym.  But, then it's only one recovery period.  You should have a very easy recovery if all goes well. 

Dr Sauceda has a group here on OH with lots of patient threads about their experiences in Monterrey and with Dr S.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Member Services
on 8/8/13 3:44 am - Irvine, CA

Here is a link to a list of PS in your area.  Take a look at their profiles and read member's reviews.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/plastic-surgeon/?location=%2 0Encinitas,%20ca

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active