Tummy Tuck Scheduled

TracyK
on 9/24/13 12:16 am - FL

I am 9 years post op from the Lap Band.  I have lost a total of 85 pounds, kept it off for over 5 years, and am extremely happy with the results this band has given me.  Now I am finally ready to rid of the extra skin I have hanging around.  I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck on 18 December with a small fat transfer to my bottom!  The doctor said my butt is missing and needed help.    I am am full of emotions and really want this to be done.  I have waited for a long time for this (wanted a TT after seeing my tummy apron after my 1st c-section, daughter was 9lbs 3oz and my 2nd c-section was a 9lb 13oz bundle of joy). 

I am an active person and love to run.  I know everyone is different and since my last c-section was over 14 years ago, I do not remember how long it took for recovery.  I am wondering what your recovery times were like and when you were able to resume normal workouts and actives.  I have talked to my doctor and she recommends after 4 weeks but that to me seems quite fast...obviously I will not be running marathons right away but am really scared of not being as active....

Any advise is appreciated.

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

godzilla
on 9/24/13 1:43 am - Israel
I am happy you and your weight-loss success.
I am one if those who heal slowly but I am an avid reader to this forum.
I think 4-6 weeks is more realistic and it depends on how you heal and what your work is.
Mikimi in Israel
jeterway
on 9/24/13 2:41 am
CongratulTions on your weight loss, maintenance, and surgery schedule. You may be back at the gym in a month but you will not be back to your regular workout. They will let you go and start light cardio and let you gradually work up to your old workout. You probably won't get to do any abdominal wor****il 3 months out but you can certainly start other things earlier.

Mlkpas
on 9/24/13 3:17 am - Pasadena, CA

I had my TT on August 30  I took four weeks off work and am very very happy I did so.  The first two weeks I felt like I'd been hit by a truck -- was happy to do nothing but sit on the couch and nap and watch TV.  Third week I felt better but developed a small seroma when the drains were removed, which had me going to the doctor every few days to have it aspirated.  This week (fourth week) I'm feeling much closer to normal but still tire easily and feel like I'm not in any way ready to go back to the gym -- even though I am a HUGE gym-goer and workout fiend.

My advice -- take as much time off work as you can, and don't pu**** when it comes to resuming your workouts.  This is my second round of plastics (had a facelift two years ago) and although the recovery time seems long while you're in it, in the scheme of things it's really nothing and it's not worth the possible complications to try and do too much, too soon!

And congratulations!  You are going to LOVE your new tummy!!

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

MyBariatricLife
on 9/27/13 12:42 pm

Here is my experience with my tummy tuck surgery: http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/160586/bariatr ic-abdominoplasty-ch?ap=831 Good luck!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active