Care after PS - Vets information if you have any to share Please

TeashaLorna
on 10/3/13 12:30 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Hi

I will be getting my arms and tummy (fleur de lis) done in December and am starting a list of things I will need.

I like the idea of the pads for cushions on the incisions.

Are there any other ideas on here that people can share.

Special creams etc.

Thank you for any helpful hints you can pass along.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

kathkeb
on 10/6/13 11:57 am

My surgeons office gave me a big bag of pads and gauze and ointment before my procedures, so I didn't need to buy any of that.  They also gave me 2 binders to wear, so I didn't need to buy those either.

a medical recliner (rented) was a godsend to me.  It was about 150.00 for a month and that included delivery, setup and pickup.

i was able to sleep with lots of pillows around me.  Also, my walking stick was useful in getting up and down from the recliner and being stable going to the bathroom.

I stocked my freezer with soups and chili what were easy to thaw, heat and eat so I didn't have to e up very long to get food.

i was up and down all day, walking as I was told to, but also rested quite a bit that first week.

wth the arms you don't want to be lifting much or stretching your arms up high for anything, so you will want your food and meds and water at counter height.

Kath

TeashaLorna
on 10/6/13 12:36 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Great tips - thank you so  much. I am really nervous about doing this for some reason. I keep wondering if getting both done at the same time is a good idea; but I only have one time I can be off work so I kind of need to do it. The walking stick is a great idea and meds and water at counter height. Again thank you.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

kathkeb
on 10/6/13 2:50 pm

I ha my arms done at the same time as a breast lift, then had my tummy tuck about 18 months later.

But, I think you will be fine doing the arms and tummy at the same time.  Honestly, the arms were not a big deal for me.

i had mine in November in Tucson, so moderately cool ttemperatures.....so I stocked up on a few long sleeved undershirts.

i got them cheap at Ross.  They are soft and warm ... And I could put a bandage on and then the shirts kept everything in place.

you will want button front clothes for the first week, though ... Don't want to be stretching to pull long sleeved shirts on over your head.

i also had 2 flexible ice packs that I could wrap on my arms at the end of the day.  As the days wear on, you will swell more and the ice really felt good

Kath

Most Active