Lose more weight before TT?

brownblonde
on 10/31/13 5:02 am

So here's the deal:  I've been at this weight (okay, I've gained ahem about 7lbs. in the past year or so--I think it's just "settling") for almost 2 1/2 years, and I had surgery 3 1/2 years ago.  I lost 126lbs, and maintain about 120lbs. down.  I'm 158ish and I'd still like to lose another 20 or so lbs.  It's pretty evenly distributed ie not just in my stomach except it looks that way because of the excess skin.  

To be realistic I don't know that I'll ever be able to lose more weight, I'm pretty darned happy with my figure as it is and I think it'd be much better after the TT.  

I think there could be room to lose weight before the TT, and maybe that'd make the procedure more effective, but at the same time I've heard that it does no good to lose more that is unsustainable and then gain/restretch the stomach.  

Your thoughts?

emelar
on 10/31/13 5:21 am - TX

Your weight is stable.  I don't think a 20 lb fluctuation, up or down, would make that much of a difference in your final results.  And, realistically, it sounds like you're pretty happy where you are.  So, even though you may like to lose 20 lbs, how likely is it to really happen?  Go ahead and get your TT!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/31/13 6:32 am

Actually a 20 lbs loss or gain can really change your result for the worse.  My advise is to be where you want to be.  If you're happy at 158, great!  I think you should go for it.  Start getting some consults set up and start your planning.  I always say, be at a BMI less than 30 and have no plans to gain or lose any more weight - be stable for 6 months or more and then have your consults.  These are the people with the best results and are the happiness in the end.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

MyBariatricLife
on 10/31/13 9:10 am

I was told by my surgeon that weight GAIN and not weight loss is the worst thing you can do after a TT. He told me that I could lose weight after surgery, I believe he said 20% would be OK for me but don't hold my feet to the fire on that percentage. After my TT I lost about 25lbs. He tightened the laxity in my abdo skin during this last surgery. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

brownblonde
on 10/31/13 9:18 am

See that's what I was thinking--if I can lose more weight, great--but it will be difficult, especially to maintain (or else I would've already done it!) and so I'd rather go ahead and get the TT and if I lose a little more weight maybe that'd be okay, but if I lost and then gained that'd be bad

MyBariatricLife
on 10/31/13 1:42 pm

I simply could not eat as much after the TT. I still cannot eat what I was eating pre op. And I did take my healthy eating up a notch, too. I don't want to pay all this money (25k so far) and f+ck up my results.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Irishnurse
on 10/31/13 3:27 pm
DS on 04/17/13

take into consideration how much the skin weighs that he is removing too. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Tess145
on 11/1/13 3:24 am - Senatobia, MS

How tall are you?  I was 5'5" at 156 lbs. when I had my surgery.  The doctor removed about 6 lbs. which 3 lbs. was just fluids.  I did not lose any more weight but went from a size 12 to a size 10 because of the inches loss.  I love my shape now but my doctor told me that 10 lbs. either way would not make or break my FDL TT/LBL surgeries.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

brownblonde
on 11/1/13 6:08 am

I'm just shy of 5'8 now, 155 give or take 3.  I wear mostly 8's recently, few 6's, few 10's, but pretty solidly 8 leaning towards 6 (damn these 5lbs. gain).  My ideal would be a size 4, or solidly size 6.  I have no boobs so I carry most my weight in the thighs and midsection.

Tess145
on 11/1/13 7:36 am - Senatobia, MS

You should do awesome where you are or if you choose to lose a few more pounds.  Good luck to you!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Most Active