Anybody go through Go Sculptura Dominican Republic for Plastics?

stacezoe
on 10/31/13 5:13 am

Just wondering if anyone has used them, I like the idea of a personal assistant that speaks English and meets you at the airport and is with you the whole time, but the only reviews I've found are ones on their site. Looking for anyone with reall life experience either negative or possitive... I went to the local surgeon in my area and he wants 12k for a TT. it will take me years to save that and the skin is really bothersome. But of course I don't want to risk my health either....

Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
MyBariatricLife
on 10/31/13 9:07 am

I had  tummy tuck in the US with a baord certified plastic surgeon in April and it was $7k. You may wanbt to get other price quotes. Also, a teaching hospital with a plastic surgery residency program will be affordable. I recommend taht over the DR any day. While I do not know Sculptura, I have heard HORROR stories about surgeries gone bad in the DR. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

stacezoe
on 10/31/13 10:07 pm

Thanks for replying...I'd really like to stay in the US. I just am so tired of this gross pouch! EWWWWWWWW I know the quick easy fix is never the way to go, just was seeing if anyone actually used them, i see a lot of people here go to Mexico with great results, just never heard of anyone going to the DR.

Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Tess145
on 11/1/13 3:21 am - Senatobia, MS

I have seen a lot of folks from the realself.com blog go to the DR.  Some have loved their results and others have not.  I would check them out but for me I chose my surgeon in states and could not have gotten a better doctor.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/13 1:02 pm
Yes.  I called GoSculptura and worked with Jonny (yes I think all of their employees are Jonny).  I called about Argentina loved the testimonials both written and video... (I now believe most were paid for).  I ended up getting talked into surgery in the Dominican Republic with Dr. Pedro A. Espinal G.     For the horrific long story visit my blog...  www.amedicalvacation.com      Short story.  I nearly died because of his neglectful practices and in addition to the cost of the original surgery I have already had to pay  out over $100,000 (yes that is one hundred thousand USD and it's growing) to cover emergency room visits, emergency hospital stay, multiple surgeries, etc...  Just to stay alive...    And to repair the damage?  We are looking at double that... so it will probably never happen.   If you want proof or photos... comment on my blog and I'll happily send them.
jsm
on 11/15/13 11:49 am

OMG!  I am sick to my stomach with tears running down my face reading your blog.  I have no words of comfort, but will send you healing prayers and energy if you like.

Blessings to you and your husband.

JoAnne

Aj2017
on 7/22/17 10:01 am

Yes. I just wanted to see the pics from your horrific situation. I had a similar experience but I traveled to Colombia from Chicago. Terribly disappointed.

Aj2017

jsm
on 11/15/13 11:55 am

I think someone would be taking a huge gamble going out of the country for any procedure, and any complications would not be covered by your insurance company.   I would check out Residents clinics with any major hospital.  Both Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland (easier to get into University of MD), have them and the price is half the price of a private PS.  I investigated both, but went with a private PS for my thigh lift since she would place the incisions in my groin area, vs having a horizontal incision 2 - 3 inches in my inner thighs.  I may consider them for a TT since I have no plans of ever wearing a 2 piece.

Good luck in your research!

JoAnne

Miles2020
on 10/16/14 7:43 pm

I had a gross pouch and finally last month I decided to get a tummy tuck. With the high priced charged at home, my focus was on South America. After much deliberation, I chose Dominican Republic. However, I didn’t know which clinic to select.

My girlfriend suggested I search the net. And that’s what I did and that’s how I came in contact with Gosculptura.com. I read the testimonials of their customers and they all seemed happy with their results. So I decided to fill the free consultation form. But I got no reply initially. I was a little irritated by that but nevertheless filled the form again. This time I was contacted. After a few correspondences, I decided to book my tickets.

In Dominican Republic, I met Julia, my personal medical tour manager. She briefed me about everything and took me to the clinic. The clinic was just like any good clinic back home and I was satisfied with my meeting with the surgeon. So I went ahead with the surgery. I am now a few pounds lighter and a lot happier. So, if you ask me, I am all in favor of going abroad for surgery. Just choose your clinic carefully. 

george_l01
on 6/25/15 2:05 am - Portsmouth, NH

Ever since I was 12 years old I have wished for only one thing—a normal nose!

My nose is abnormally long at the tip and every time I smile the abnormality becomes more prominent. For 9 years I have avoided being photographed. For some strange reason, my nose looks worse in pictures. That’s why on every Thanksgiving (and other occasions) I’m the guy behind the camera, but never in front of it.

Last August, however, around my 21st birthday I decided to undergo Rhinoplasty. As surgery here was out of my budget I chose Dominican Republic. I went through Gosculptura. I chose them after researching on the Internet for a full month. They had better reviews than most and their prices were also attractive.

Here are the main points of my experience:

The Good

Gave me detailed information, above and over what I asked them.

My experience manager was very courteous and friendly.

Highly-qualified, US-trained surgeon who explained everything to me beforehand. The clinic too was as of top-quality.

Great price and very good results

The not-so-good

The resort where I shifted for recovery didn’t have a good wi-fi and I could not keep in touch with my friends and family…this was really annoying actually. However, to make up for this, Gosculptura did refund some amount to me.

Finally, I’ve a NORMAL nose. I’m so happy and for once now I don’t run away when someone says “Say Cheese”.

Most Active