nervous about surgery

evilelf
on 11/6/13 4:20 am
I am scheduled to have a lift and reduction next next Wednesday. I have gone from a 52g to a 36ddd. The girls look like deflate balloons. I was all ready to go until. ...I had my pre op yesterday. The ps said that since my beasts are so low he has to to remove the nipple and then reattach them. If the blood flow does not come back, he will have to tattoo me new nipples!!!! That really, really has me nervous. Has this happen to any one out there? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

emelar
on 11/6/13 4:27 am - TX

Moving the nipple is pretty common in lifts/reduction, and I know there's always a risk of something going on.  Are you higher risk than normal?  If he spent any amount of time talking about losing your nipples like it's likely to happen, I'd be looking for another surgeon. 

godzilla
on 11/7/13 10:14 pm - Israel
From what I have read on the Net, there are three or four types of Breast surgeries.
I think your ps is doing you the Anchor BL/BR which is very appropriate for the formerly obese and pendulous breasts. If ps is doing what I think, the areola is held up in the air and then reattached. Some ladies lose sensitivity and some become hypersensitive -hullo I am hypersensitive.
When I had my surgery, a woman in the bed next yo me had a breast reconstruction after cancer and her nipple became gangrene. But that is a different situation than us (formerly obese) being operated on.
Best of luck on this your next step in your journey.
Mikimi in israel
Most Active