Scheduled TT in Dec

TracyK
on 11/10/13 11:14 pm - FL

Just wanted to chime in the groups conversations and say that I have officially been scheduled for a full TT with muscle tightening on Dec 18th.  I will be spending just one night in the hospital.  I have already had my pictures taken, by one of my surgeons co-workers (a male who I have never seen before) and felt nervous and embarrassed the whole time.  Even though my husband was there I felt so exposed.  I knew it had to be done but to actually put oneself in that position was extremely difficult. 

However, there were some funny moments that happened that helped me get through the uneasiness of this process.  I thought I would share one of the experiences.

I had to say the most funniest thing that happened to me with the surgeon was during my initial consult when while looking at me (naked) and telling her what I was looking for a tummy tuck and a rear bumper lift, she grabbed my stomach and said "this has got to go".  I would have assumed that this would make me upset at first but then I realized she is a very blunt person and how could I be upset when I say the same thing when I looking in the mirror every morning.  First she was looking at a LBL but when she looked at my bottom, she said it was flat and deformed and the lift would make it more flat!  All I could do was laugh.  One of the best compliments was (I guess if you could call it one) was when thinking about the next surgery, a thigh lift and butt lift, she stated she was going to process my own fat to help plump by rear a little.  Then told me I didn't have much to harvest, so she had to be care full with what she gets.  Never would have thought in a million years I would hear I didn't have much fat anymore. 

I have been reading so many posts on here and thank you all for the comments, suggestions, worries, and concerns. This has helped me answer all my questions and helped me ask some to the surgeon that I otherwise would not have even thought of.  I thank you all and will continue to read and educate myself on these processes.

Thank you,

Tracy

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

Tess145
on 11/10/13 11:21 pm - Senatobia, MS

Good luck on your journey!  I found out quickly between childbirth and plastic surgery there is no privacy with that part of the body.  And, even after plastic surgery, you are so proud of the outcome that you want to show it to everyone else too!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

TracyK
on 11/11/13 4:35 am - FL

Thank you!  I have had 2 children via c-section (the first after 30 hours of labor then forced into an emergency c-section after everyone and the janitor looking at me).  My oldest is 18 and was 9lb 3oz at birth and my youngest is 14 who was 9lbs 13oz.  I completely understand the lack of privacy.  However, I am still never comfortable letting my saggy body be shown-- even to my own eyes.    I have wanted this since the day I saw my body after my oldest was born and the stomach apron haunted me.  Now that I have taken up running the pressure of the extra skin drives me nuts.  The feeling of the skin bounding up and down is so uncomfortable.  Don't' get me wrong I am really scared of the surgery BUT know that the pain in temporary to the final outcome I am looking for.  I am really excited but I think that is what is keeping me from being scare from the pain that I have been reading about this procedure.  I can't wait to see what the new and improved me will look like!

Thank you for your reply.

Tracy

MyBariatricLife
on 11/11/13 12:08 pm, edited 11/12/13 6:04 am

I agree with Tess... 

I was ashamed of my body before my TT. I HATED getting examined and hated even more the photo shoot.

But at my 1 week post op I stood with my pants pulled down around my hips talking to Dr. Capella and his PA Scott about my amazing transformation. 

I loved getting my photos taken at my 3-mos post op.

Then I became a little timid again about my body going into my second stage of plastics. When I learned the patient positioning for the inner thigh left would basically have me in the missionary position and/or spread eagle for cutting and in the frog leg position for sewing I was terrified. 

After that surgery, which was part of an entire upper and lower body lift, I figured my surgeon and PA had seen and touched every part of my body. At that point I was so comfortable with my body and with them that I would simply peel off parts of clothing in front of them in order to be examined.

It is very freeing. I love my body now. To think how many years I covered it up and was ashamed and now I am a "closet exhibitionist" in a matter of months is pretty life changing. 

It is a very exciting transformation. I am so happy for you!!!

Here is a photo of me in March? before my tummy tuck. I had let myself go!

Here I am after my tummy tuck in April, at 4-mos post op

Here I am after my upper and lower body lift in October, only 1-mos post op

I cannot wait to post pix at 4-mos post op! Waiting to see your final results is so hard. I can tell you that to date I have lost 30lbs and more than 30 inches. That is a whole lot of change in 7-months. You may find that you lose a lot of weight after your TT owing to the muscles being tighened so much you won't be able to eat. Take advantage of it by eating high protein and drinking lots of water to not only heal your body but maximize weight loss. Good luck!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

TracyK
on 11/11/13 5:41 pm - FL

The doctor is looking to do the thigh lift and butt lift next year sometime after my TT.  I am not very excited about that one either.  The only good thing about it is that I will be out for the surgery and won't know exactly what is going on!  lol.  As far as getting undressed in front of people...I am living in Paris right now and I can tell you the doctors (surgeons or primary care) here are not like in the States. There is no letting you get undressed and then coming back in to talk.  It is them standing there while you are taking your clothes off.  Not sure I will ever get used to it.

I am excited to see the results and looking at yours I am even more excited.  For being 1 month post op the pictures look amazing.  You don't look like you have swelling at all.  I would be very pleased if I had your results! 

I am worried though about the weight loss (never thought I would be saying that ever).  I am right now at 145 and love it.  A few years ago I was at 134 and looked like a skeleton.  I am afraid of losing too much and not being able to get back to where I am now.  I am sure in time I will be able to eat more but I don't want to revert to high calorie foods to get there.  I have protein drinks ready for the recovery and will make sure to take them.  What do you recommend for the scar to help heal and lessen the color?

Thank you for your encouraging words,

Tracy

MyBariatricLife
on 11/11/13 10:27 pm
Got to love the French! Yep, you will be out for the thigh surgery but not for the markup! Most surgeons draw every incision on your body. I was so thankful that Dr. Capella draws very few markings on the body and for the thigh lift it was only a short mark from about the knee to mid thigh. I fretted about what position I would have to be in for the markup, when I was awake!

As far as weight loss I like your approach to eating high calorie nutrient dense foods not junk food to gain. Your really can pack a lot of calories into protein smoothies!

As for scars, I do not use anything. I have so many incisions that it would be very difficult, and my surgeon suggested that I just get scar revision if needed. He typically doesn't suggest anything other than silicon for scar therapy as it is the only product that has some clinical evidence to support its efficacy. That said, he really doesn't encourage scar therapy because he is not convinced it works and the products are very expensive.

He did tell me to stay out of the sun or use really good block because otherwise the scars will darken!

I have swelling all over but it is not terribly uncomfortable like the swelling from the TT. I loved the results of my TT but it did take 3.5 months to fully realize them. So I try to keep reminding myself that this time around. Initially I did not like my butt lift or breast lift but they are changing and at 1-mos post op I am beginning to really love my body work. I have always loved my thighs and arms from post op day 1. When I looked at dr. Capella's before and aft gallery I was very impressed... But when I actually had my body change it was about the most incredible experience ever... It is so much different when it actually happens to you versus seeing it on someone else.

Get ready to love love love your new body!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

scaryreader
on 11/12/13 4:47 am - Chicago, IL

WOW!! I'm having my 1st procedure on 12-4. I can only hope for close to your results.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

MyBariatricLife
on 11/12/13 6:36 am

Good luck to you!!! The weight loss has really made a difference for me in addition to the plastics. All told they removed 11lbs and 1 liter of fat. The rest I did through diet. Also I am fortunate to have good skin!  I hope that your surgery goes well and you get what you want!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

TracyK
on 12/3/13 9:29 pm - FL

Wow!  11 Lbs of skin and 1 Liter of fat?  That just sounds like so much.  I am curious to what my results will be and what my final count will be.  I can't see myself losing anymore weight since I am right at my goal.  I am not too sure about the fat though as the doctor wants to try and save as much as she can to help my deflated butt.    I have my first appointment with the anesthesiologist next week, of course excited but now seeing how fast time is flying.... only 14 more days!  I hope my results are like yours, your pictures look amazing.

Most Active