Anxiety setting in--Dec. 17 BA/TT

brownblonde
on 11/27/13 11:18 am

You'd think I'd be over the moon about my surgeries, right?  No.  Good news is I've been through this before with WLS and I think this manufactured resistance is how I deal with fear and anxiety.  

One thing I have learned is that the scars from being overweight so many years are more than skin-deep.  I still struggle with how I see my body.  Some days I feel thin and thankful for all the weight loss.  And that is the vast majority of the time.  But there are still days where my pouch of skin serves as a reminder.  Then I feel guilty for thinking I can or should expect any more and think I should let well enough alone.

There are many fears with the tummy tuck--bad scars, insufficient job, new stretch marks.  Also fear that I'll regain weight, or that I'll ruin my surgery with subsequent pregnancy.  But I'm pretty set on getting the TT.

The more difficult one, and I think the one that plays into my fear about weight/weight-image-issues is the breast aug.  Believe it or not, I've never had boobs, even at 277.  Part of my desire to have them is, not unlike with WLS, governed by what our society sees as beautiful.  But I also have trouble thinking I'm not "allowed" to look sexy.  And my biggest anxiety is that adding volume up there is adding weight--and I have an intense fear of adding anything that even is suggestive of more weight!!  

If I get over my fears--what do I need to know.  Please give me your must-haves.  Of course this will mean that I'm out of commission over Christmas.  I plan on watching lots of Christmas movies and drinking lots of hot tea.  My surgeon expects drains to come out on the 23rd so that's a yay.  

PS I should note that my sister is a very good photographer and we can cleverly "pinch back" our excess skin of the middrift.  I have received very kind comments suggesting I do not need PS.  In the interest of full disclosure, I have provided the unfortunate reality:

photo belly2_zps376537b6.jpg

photo belly1_zps381c35d8.jpg

katier825
on 11/27/13 9:19 pm

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!  It's normal to have mixed feelings.  My LBL and brachioplasty surgery is in 1 week, and I have had similar thoughts. I am excited though and have confidence in the doctor, so I'm sure I will be fine. There is nothing wrong with doing what we can to improve our appearance.  In my mind, I consider it more reconstructive than cosmetic.  Just because we once were morbidly obese doesn't mean we have to see the daily reminder in the mirror!  

I did the BL/BA (silicone) almost 2 years ago and have been very happy.  Here's some info for you.  You didn't say what kind of implants, but the info is useful either way:

Silicone weighs a tiny bit more than saline.

One cc of silicone gel weighs 0.0375 ounces. For example, a 400cc silicone gel implant would then weigh 15 ozs. (0.94 lbs) and a pair would weigh 30 ozs. or 1.875 pounds. A cc of saline weighs 0.0325 ozs. A 400cc saline implant would then weigh 13 ounces (0.81 lbs.) and a pair would weigh 26 ounces or 1.62 lbs.

Have you been out to this site?  there is info/message boards/etc. http://www.justbreastimplants.com/ 

Huneypie
on 11/28/13 1:16 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Wow, that's a lot of excess skin.  You can see you're a skinny chick really so as soon as you're healed, you're gonna look awesome.  You just got a rather annoying hurdle to get over first - hang in there, it'll be worth it in the end.  All the best for a speedy recovery.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active