Breat reductions due to chest wall tear

Sookie77
on 1/8/14 9:21 pm - Milton, NH

OK So having PS was never on my to do list, I was content with the extra skin and saggy boobs because I was healthier.  I am 3 1/2 years post RNY I have lost over 150lbs and had started exercising for tone and more muscle.  Nothing major just trying to build a little, Anyways I thought I had a cold or at the worst bronchitis over the summer, couldn't breath chest hurt and such.  So after many tests and dr's appointments it was determined that I have torn most of the muscles off my chest wall and sternum.  With the extra skin and weight on my chest it is not healing, I can't wear a regular bra because the compression hurts so much I can't breathe.  So  I have been told my insurance will cover the breast reduction and reconstructive surgery on the chest wall and I am very nervous.  I have only 3 choices here in my area for PS and I met with the first one just before Christmas and was not impressed, he kept talking about a tummy tuck and not the breast reduction so needless to say I am going to someone else on Monday for another opinion.  I guess I am just trying to find someone who may have had any issue like this or has any advice on what I can do to prepare for this? 

Thanks for all the help.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Most Active