Brachioplasty and Fleur de lis Tummy Tuck UpDate

TeashaLorna
on 1/15/14 12:21 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Good morning all,

I am mending well and my emotions are in check YIPPEE. I never would have thought that these surgeries would have affected me the way they did, but can now say I am glad for the experience.

As you are aware I had some complications early out, after the first six days I was rushed into emergency for internal bleeding, the PS rushed me into surgery and spent almost two hours looking for and finding the bleeder. My blood pressure is very low so my bleeder was only dripping rather than spurting. Then once home I developed an opening at the bottom of the anchor in my TT. I had that for three weeks and then last week my PS did another 45 minute surgery to remove the dead stuff, clean it up and closed the opening. All went very well with that surgery.

I am now seven weeks post op from the original date and feel fabulous. My arms healed wonderfully, I still have a couple of tiny spots of lumpy scar tissue but am massaging them and they are disappearing slowly just a little more stubborn than the rest of the arms. My tummy is flat and wonderful and cloths look great.

So the bottom line is would I do this again. "YOU BET IN A HEART BEAT".

Thank you so much to everyone here who has supported me through this and listened to my rants and cheered me on with understanding and compassion. Hugs to you all! Lorna

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Susan M.
on 1/17/14 2:38 am

Lorna,

It's so good to hear how you've finally recovered and are doing so well. I'm so glad you're happy with both surgeries and their results. You give all the rest of us hope and courage to have our necessary surgeries.

Jody ***
on 1/19/14 9:04 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Glad you have a great surgeon who looked out for you!  I couldn't believe how emotional I was with my TT... I wrote a long blog on it and posted here (about 3 years ago).  

Congrats on your successful outcome!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

PetHairMagnet
on 1/28/14 12:51 am
RNY on 05/13/13

With what you went through to say you'd do it all again is VERY encouraging to me. THANK YOU! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active