ROUND TWO COMING UP!! Thighs and Bingo Wings- Quick question to those who know!

Lyss Remaly
on 2/12/14 3:30 am - Wheeling, IL

Hello friends!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful hump day so far!  Don't foget to go home and celebrate :)

I'm meeting with my surgeon in April for my consult for round two and I would just like to ask a quick question so I'm prepared when I go in-

For this surgery I am doing my arms and thighs-

Arms- Is there a procedure that will get my wings (under the arms) and my back titties (the section right next to my armpit that hangs over bras UCH!)

My arms and legs look so odd- I have lost an additional 15lbs of fat but put on about 11 pounds of muscle.  My body is muscular and has muscular definition... with skin hanging over! 

Legs- For the thigh lift do they do just the insides?  Do they also do the saddle bags on the side or should that have been done during my tummy tuck?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!  July cannot get here fast enough!  (My bodybuilding competition is in June- Hoping I can get away with the loose skin and I'm doing the surgry right after it)

emelar
on 2/13/14 12:59 am - TX

The brachioplasty can be extended to a certain extent down through the armpit.  If you're doing a breast lift at the same time, they should be able to address the side boobs.  If it's really bad, the only thing that'll take care of it is an upper body lift.

Thighs - the thighplasty usually only addresses the inner thighs.  The upper thigh lift is a different procedure.  I don't know if it could be done with an extended tummy tuck.  I do know that it was part of the lower body lift (abdominoplasty, outer thigh lift, mons lift, butt lift).  You may want to talk to the surgeon about doing lipo in that area before the thighplasty and see if that'll take care of the problem.

Good luck!

PSoftGirl
on 2/16/14 4:56 am - Alpharetta, GA

Hi Hammy-Girl!

The LBL addresses the outer thigh, some top and some back thigh.  The thigh lift (as another poster suggested) is for inner thigh - you may need to opt for an eventual LBL to get rid of that skin.  The surgeons seem very incongruous and non-standardized in the terminology so it can be confusing!  But for shorthand sake, the "short thigh lift" involves a groin incision only and the "long thigh lift" is the one that goes down your inner thighs to your knees.  Your surgeon will recommend which one is right.  For example, some people just carried their weight more towards the tops of their thighs, so they do not have as much loose skin further down, therefore the "short" suffices.  Dr. Agha has this procuedure he coined the term "Spiral Thigh Lift" which is specific to MWL patients, which allows the doc more correction with the groin-only incision (but longer incision is the tradeoff)

In my example, i have loose skin/fat down to my knees (my legs fared the worst in weight gain/loss) so my procedure will definitely require a "long" incision and it is perhaps looking like a "T" incision which will be a max correction in both skin directions.  This is for my "Round 2" plastics inclusion.

As for the brachio, i have an "extended" brachio which took care of some loose back skin and goes a little past my elbows (it is completely awesome in the corrections it achieves) - so if you have any loose back skin, please address with your PS if he/she does this procedure.  At least one of the surgeons i talked do did not do an extended brachio.  I completely love mine as it allows for correction without the braline incision.  

HTH!

HW 366 (2004) * HW Pre-OP 271 (VSG) * CW 157 * GW 145

VSG - Dr. Paul Macik (Atlanta, GA) - 7/09

Post MWL Plastics with Dr. Peter Fisher (San Antonio, TX) 12/13

MyBariatricLife
on 2/17/14 11:35 am, edited 2/17/14 11:36 am

Agree with the  extended arm lift. I have seen a number of PS who will do a breast lift and arm lift and leave the region between the two uncorrected -- not good!!! Who wants bra blubber and a loose back? 

I also got the T incision thigh lift and love my results. My thighs look like naturally slender thighs, not surgery thighs. A male who I correspond with on RealSelf who is seeking plastic surgery (not a MWL patient) told me that they look almost model-like. Booyah! So if your thighs warrant it, please do consider doing the t incision.

Good luck with your competition.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active