surgery

SaraBurns
on 3/11/14 1:28 am - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12

i got a call from my surgeons office with them telling me that my insurance has finally approved my surgery's.. i go under the knife again on April 24th..  i'm some what nervous about it but yet im a little excited.  they are wanting to work on my stomach skin and as far as i know that is all that they are going to do in that surgery and some time to decide what they are going to decide to do next from there.  can some one tell me if i will have to stay in the hospital after surgery and if so how long do i have to stay and any advice for when i get home?

Surgery 6/5/12
MyBariatricLife
on 3/11/14 7:05 am

Make sure he does a mons lift with your tummy tuck is my advice. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

SaraBurns
on 3/11/14 11:20 pm - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12

im not sure what type of tummy tuck that they are doing on me.  i go meet with him and his p.a at the begining of next month and find out more what is going to be going on. so i guess we will see what happens.

Surgery 6/5/12
MyBariatricLife
on 3/12/14 12:17 am, edited 3/12/14 12:17 am

I stayed in a care center one night after my TT. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 3/14/14 3:07 pm - Davison, MI

Keep us updated when they let you know what they will be doing.  I am starting the process to see if insurance will pay for my inner thighs.  I carried all my wight in the butt/thighs.  I have never heard of anybody getting OKed for anything but the tummy.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

SaraBurns
on 4/3/14 1:26 pm - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12

They are doing panniculectomy

Surgery 6/5/12
Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/3/14 7:58 pm

a pannulectomy only removes the skin. No muscle tightening, belly button reposition and no mons pubis lift. Please discuss the mons lift prior to surgery and make sure the surgeon knows you want it. Extremely important conversation. If your Pannus is removed but your mons is not lifted it can have the appearance of a scrotum. This happens often. Very bad post op appearance. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

OH2012
on 4/4/14 12:00 pm - OH

I haven't had a panni, however, I can envision what was noted about the visual effects of not having a mons lift. 

Another issue that I noted, while looking at before and after pictures, was that sometime the mons is lifted, darn near to the belly button.  Yikes!!!  There has to be an appropriate way to make the incision in the mons area, so that while it is lifted, the top isn't so high up.  IJS.

Best Wishes!!!

Prov. 3:5,6

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/4/14 12:33 pm, edited 4/4/14 12:39 pm

it looks like it's lifted too high but the problem is that the hanging skin pulls the belly button down to that area and raising the mons makes it appears disproportionate. The pannulectomy is not meant to look pretty or attractive like a Tummy Tuck. It's meant for skin removal only! Many if not all true pannulectomies are very disfiguring. The key is a clear understanding of what you are getting if a pannulectomy is the procedure. Will the belly button be repositioned - will the mons be lifted? 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Laura in Texas
on 4/4/14 8:58 pm

My surgeon , made my incision very low. It's 6 inches below my belly button. It is definitely unattractive to have your hairline too close to your bellybutton and something women need to ask their surgeons about.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active