Marena

pineview01
on 3/16/14 11:14 am - Davison, MI

I have a question for you all.  I was checking out the Marena compression garment.  What is first stage and what is second stage.  Did someone say they have them with zippers in the legs as I can't find them.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jeterway
on 3/16/14 11:47 am

First stage is used right after surgery.  I'm guessing it is stronger compression than stage 2.  To be honest, I went from stage one right to spanx.  The garments that I used had zippers.  What procedure are you having done?

pineview01
on 3/17/14 11:09 am, edited 3/18/14 10:32 am - Davison, MI

Thigh lift!  My surgeon may have them.  He didn't put on a compression garment in surgery with my neck but he did the next day after removing the bandages and drains.  How did you figure out size?  What the thighs are now or what they will be which I don't know.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jeterway
on 3/17/14 10:50 pm

My thighs were so bad that I knew there was going to be a big change.  So I used the size of my hips to judge the size.  I hadn't realized that the doc was also going to do large volume lipo of my outer thighs - love that he did do it.  So I measured my hips and went one size down.  In the initial recovery, with the swelling, they were fine.  However, towards the end, they kept riding down when I moved around.  When I had my revision, I went yet a size smaller and they fit like a glove.  You will probably have to take them into the or and they will put them on you right after the surgery.  I had to get the garment that went right below the knee - capri length.  They are tough to get on - for the first few days, I needed the help of my husband to get them zipped and hooked up.  The first few days are also interesting dealing with them and the drains but you will figure that out quickly.

RobynJC
on 3/16/14 1:03 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Support-Suspenders-Certified-Compression-Garment/dp/B0017SQF4E/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1395025325&sr=1-4&keywords=marena+compression+garment

or 

http://www.amazon.com/Marena-Support-Certified-Compression-Garment/dp/B001415T14/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1395025325&sr=1-8&keywords=marena+compression+garment

emelar
on 3/17/14 12:44 am - TX

You don't see the closures in the pictures, but there are hooks and eyes first, then a zipper that runs up. They're very secure and we'll made. And you'll have a real love/hate relationship with them. They're uncomfortable as hell when you're swelling, but also make you feel like your skin isn't going to explode open. Mine was put on while still in the OR. I also never used anything but the stage one. Don't know what the difference is between the one and the two. 

pineview01
on 3/17/14 11:18 am - Davison, MI

How do we figure out size?  Old size or new?

emelar
on 3/17/14 12:23 pm - TX

The doc took measurements and placed the order, so I'm not sure what they base it on. Marena has excellent customer support. If you call, I'm sure they can help!

pineview01
on 3/18/14 10:35 am - Davison, MI

Thanks for all the help!

Most Active