Ugly belly button

stephintexas
on 4/27/14 4:12 am

They had an ear plug in my belly button but it crusted up with what looks like blood so I took it out. The belly button looks awful. Like some dead, infected thing. I know it's not infected but the look is creeping me out.

is this normal??

emelar
on 4/27/14 4:19 am - TX

Out of all the incisions, drains and everything else, for some reason my bb creeped me out too.  I'd clean it as fast as I could and slap a bandage over it.  Once it was out of sight, I could go ahead and take care of the big incision and drains without a problem.  And there wasn't anything wrong with the bb - it just made my skin crawl!  Totally irrational.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/27/14 4:38 am
VSG on 10/09/12

My bb is really cute and had no crust or oozing or anything but still creeped me out too. It feels foreign if that makes any sense. I look at it and aporeciate it because its cute but it is still creepy! The first week I also kept it totally covered! But there was no plug or anything ever in it. Kept its shape just fine though. I am sure we all get used to it eventually!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

stephintexas
on 4/27/14 11:19 am

Thanks for the feedback. My stomach is SWOLLEN. I think that's making my belly button look very funny.

I am thinking I really should have taken 3-4 weeks off instead of 2. I am not looking forward to going to work.

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/14 8:09 am

No, that is probably not normal but it should heal and look better. If not, you can just have a local revision.

TracyK
on 4/29/14 6:14 pm - FL

I don't mind the looks of it, it was the touching of it that is very odd.  I feel pressure but no feeling.  That point alone makes my stomach queezy and I am 4 months out!  Luckily it looks 100% better than my old one so I guess take the good with the bad. 

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

stephintexas
on 5/2/14 10:23 pm

I've been putting Aquafor on it and a gauge strip. I see the doctor on Tuesday and we will see what he says this week. I am putting the aquafor on it to moisten it up (it's crusty and brittle looking) so that we can put an ear plug back in so it won't close up and will shape up nicely.

Most Active