Plastic surgeon recommendations - Springfield, MA / Hartford, CT?

Chana
on 5/3/14 9:57 pm

Hi Y'all!

Wow, it has been so long since I've been on here - the last 2 and a half years flew by!  Well over a year ago I had a facelift, brow lift, neck lift and then an upper body lift, breast lift and abdominoplasty with Dr. Leedy in Cleveland, OH.  I was very pleased with the results (LOVE Dr. Leedy!), but I still have need for an arm lift and some upper back lipo (I have the dreaded family buffalo hump, no matter how thin I get).  Since then I've also moved to the Hartford/Springfield area, and so I'm starting from scratch trying to find another plastic surgeon.  If anybody has any recommendations (or warnings) I'd love to hear them!  Thank you!

pineview01
on 5/5/14 8:00 am - Davison, MI

There is a tab at the top to search surgeon.  You might also want to try the OH boards.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/14 9:41 am

I would go to the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons website not only for a referral to one of our members in your area but for much information and realistic before/after photos of different procedures.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/9/14 2:56 pm

I am curious about this society. How many members does it have? How does that compare to the membership of the ASPS? Why not just go to the ASPS website for a referral? As far as I know, all the board-certified plastic surgeons belong to it. So how is the ASBPS different? Thanks!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/14 3:17 am

The American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons has been established by plastic surgeons that specialize in body contouring surgery specifically for patients that have lost significant amounts of weight through non-surgical means such as diet or exercise or through the various bariatric procedures such as gastric bypass and lap band surgery. ASBPS's goal is to help you find a knowledgeable and experienced plastic surgeon. Its members are all certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and most are members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons as well as the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery or the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons

Our membership is quite small compared to American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/9/14 2:53 pm

Dr. Amy Cowell

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active