PLASTICS ROUND TWO!!!! JULY 3rd!!

Lyss Remaly
on 5/7/14 2:29 am - Wheeling, IL

Hello all of my beautiful people!  Just wanted to pose a few questions to my all-knowing friends on here about my upcoming plastic surgery.

Round one I had an extended tummy tuck and breast implants.

Round two is looking like liposuction of the back and thighs along with fat grafting to my breasts and brachioplasty.

For this surgery do you think there would be ANY benefit in waiting until December until I've lost my last 5 pounds or because of the liposuction would it be just fine to do it at any time since he will be getting rid of the fat?

I'm a bit nervous about so much liposuction.  Is this normal to do this much lipo BEFORE doing the skin removal?  He thinks that with the lipo there might not be a need to do the skin after because it might fix the problem areas.

How will the recovery be different than the tummy tuck?

Please let me know your thoughts.  Any feedback or experiences would be amazing. 

stephintexas
on 5/7/14 10:35 am

Why are you putting fat on your breasts if you had implants?

I had my surgery and lipo 10 pounds from goal. He didn't have as much as he wanted for the fat grafting so I'm glad I hadn't lost more before. I just had that all done but the fat grafting was to my buttocks. Lipo was a breeze for me. I bruised horribly but the pain wasn't that bad at all. Fat grafting was zero pain. Brachioplasty was easy. The lower body lift was an arse kicker. The upper body lift was a bit uncomfortable but more pulling and stinging.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/14 9:31 am

I agree with your plastic surgeon. Liposuction, like gentle wave body contouring, can also produce some contraction of the skin. It usually is much less of a recovery than a tummy tuck for the latter I do a repair and strengthening of the muscles which does cause pain which can be helped by extended pain relief.

wls2011
on 5/9/14 1:11 am - Ballston Lake, NY

I've been told that 5-10 lbs do not make a difference from various surgeons. Even those that are 20 lbs over goal, may be surprised to find out there is not much fat there, but mostly skin, due to the nature of our WLS.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Most Active