Anyone find Plastics make you nit-picky?

brownblonde
on 5/21/14 11:24 am

I am almost 4 years post-WLS and 5 months post-TT (BA but had to explant due to infection).  I'm totally, totally happy with my WLS.  But sometimes I wonder if plastics were worth it.  Can I tell a difference?  Yes.  But it's so slight.  Without clothes, or in a bathing suit is the biggest difference of course.  But even then I'm hyper-critical about the muffin top that is almost reinforced by my TT scar.  And I notice that bending over I still have skin that folds over to make a "butt", and while it's MUCH better than the long swag of skin before, it's still there nonetheless.  My surgeon said I would not have had this problem if I had an anchor cut TT--something she had contemplated presurgery but ultimately we decided that I was borderline and didn't want the scar.  And in jeans or any other fitting clothing there still is a roll!  Grrrr

Obviously the BA was a difficult ordeal on the whole.  A whole lot for nothing.  Leaving me with less than I had to begin with--except for the addition of two "lovely" red scars.  I was so proud that, because I had no chest even when I was fat, I had perky teensy boobs.  Now it seems that some of the extra skin I banished from my belly has found its way to my boobs.  

And then there are those occasions that I look at my thighs and the wrinkly sharpei skin and I think "those don't belong to a 26 year old!!"  Sometimes I wonder if things would've been better if I'd just left well enough alone.  I don't know how to get that coveted body that I want or if it's anything more than a carrot to chase.  

MyLady Heidi
on 5/21/14 3:12 pm

My body looks a million times better after plastics then it did before, even after seven years I have a perfectly flat stomach at nearly 50, my thighs suck, but I won't get them done.  No need of implants I am a natural D cup.  For me the scars are less noticiable then the stretch marks I still have.

emelar
on 5/22/14 1:39 am - TX

Fix one thing, and it immediately highlights "problems" somewhere else.  Given your age - and the fact that you look fantastic! - I think it was a smart move not to do the fleur de lis.  At some point, you accept that no one is perfect, and you're not perfect and never will be, and it's ok.  A little muffin top is really no big deal.

stephintexas
on 5/22/14 1:49 am

A little bit. I didn't notice my thighs until after surgery. My butt didn't come out like I wanted it. So my inner thighs don't match my body. My neck doesn't match. But my belly being gone is such a HUGE amount of skin. My upper pubic area looks better than before I had my first kid. I just stare at that and accept the rest. I could do surgery forever if I had the money lol

jeterway
on 5/22/14 2:08 am

I would have to agree.  When you have things fixed, you realize that you can fix other things.  It can be difficult to stop.  As long as I was having a major procedure done, I took that opportunity tot week other things.  But now that there is nothing major to be done, I'll live with these minor issues.  A friend and I have talked about getting things fixed that others live with.  My theory was if I can, why not?  But you do have to draw the line somewhere.

Laura in Texas
on 5/22/14 5:13 am

100% happy with my plastics. My surgeon is a genius. My body looks better now than it did in my 20's when I was thin (except my thighs, but I am content with them "as-is" for now). I get compliments all the time from people who don't know I was ever 200 pounds heavier.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/22/14 4:55 pm, edited 5/22/14 4:55 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Yup!! I came on here to post the exact same thing. You are in my head this morning! I also have a muffin top and although it is 100% better than before plastics (LBL so far, going in for thighs and breasts in a week) I am being nit picky to the max. The surgeon is going to fix a few areas of the stomach when he does the breasts and thighs but I know already I am going to be less than 100% happy not because it won't be a good job but because it is me and my brain has this image of me at age 50 in a 15 year old's body. Not gonna happen. No matter how many surgeries I do and I am only doing that one coming up and no more come hell or high water. But yeah, I know exactly what you mean. 

When I talked to my surgeon about the muffin top he said that if he tightened things up more I'd end up either peeing every 5 minutes or not being able to breathe and have reflux because there has to be room in there for the organs! My daughter told me I was being paranoid and my best friend said that most normal people have what I now have, when I sit down there is a bit of a fold. That's normal apparently. I've been so abnormal for so long I have lost touch with reality I think. 

The other thing that the surgeon said that I found good - he said he was a physician, not a magician. Something to ponder. We are not all made the same. I am sure that shape and biology and genetics have a lot to do with our final results. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

emelar
on 5/23/14 1:51 am - TX

"The other thing that the surgeon said that I found good - he said he was a physician, not a magician."  Snort!  I had one ps consult tell me he operates with a scalpel, not a magic wand.  I've been most disappointed that Jessica Alba's body isn't emerging from my surgeries - I know it's in there somewhere!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/25/14 1:05 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Had to google her...yeah...that body is not happening here either...bloody hell!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

downhome
on 5/23/14 7:30 am

May I ask who did your surgery?  I am from Oklahoma also and am thinking about surgery.

Most Active