Any luck BCBS covering PS procedures

katy
on 6/6/14 1:54 pm

Any one have luck with BCBS covering all or any part of procedures

AZDee
on 6/7/14 12:59 pm - Gilbert, AZ

That's who I have and Dr Katzen's office sent in a really good letter they are known for getting at least partial coverage...but no not for me...The letter cost me $100 to have them submit it...

kisersassy
on 6/7/14 1:54 pm - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

My surgeon submitted the information to BCBS and I guess I will find out in a week or two.  He is wanting to do a Fluer De Lis Abdominoplasty. I have read that my insurance will pay for it if it is medically necessary and since I had documentation for a year of my primary care physician prescribing me Nystatin powder for under my panni and stuff that it will help prove the necessity.

AZDee
on 6/7/14 2:13 pm - Gilbert, AZ

Prayers to you that it happens...I hope so, but if not please do not let that stop you, there are affordable options out there...I just had my LBL 3 weeks ago and could not be happier, feel free to read my profile and see my journey and see my 2 week pictures... 

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/14 9:41 am

We send in a letter for everyone after great weight loss without a charge. We try and get letters from the patients other MD to substantiate the claims.

katy
on 6/10/14 1:36 pm

If insurance covers what do they typically cover

katy
on 6/10/14 1:38 pm

How long is the response time

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/14 2:01 am

It really varies by insurance companies. In our experience, the abdominoplasty/TT/Lower body lift is most common but we have had coverage for thighplasty/breast surgery also.

Brooke F.
on 7/23/14 12:28 pm - CA

Dr. Katzen sent to my insurance for TT, brachio, and thighs I was approved for TT only. Took 3 weeks to hear back from my insurance. They covered the procedure but dr Katzen was out of my network so I paid the out of network portion. (This was 2012) 

katy
on 7/23/14 12:38 pm

It going on 2 months and I haven't heard from doc or insurance company. I hopey company pays at least a portion

Most Active