It's Official

Karen R.
on 7/12/14 2:32 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

I'm so excited, I had to post.  I'm scheduled for PS--sent in the down payment check and everything.  Now mind you--it's five months from now.   But I figure it's never too early to start the countdown.  

I'm having a LBL and breast augmentation (I don't want 'em bigger, just higher!) with Dr. Otto Placik.  I've booked December 16th.  The surgery will be done at the Northwest Community Hospital surgery center in Arlington Heights (a suburb northwest of Chicago--my sister lives about 15 minutes away).  I then plan to convalesce at a nursing home directly across the street for three nights.  I have family nearby, but I don't want to be a burden.  I figure being some place with medical help on the premises and beds that are made for people like me who are recovering is probably a good thing--at least for a few nights.  The doctor had recommended it and it sounded to me like a good idea.

Everything has been working out really well.  I'll be flying 14.5 hours from the Middle East to Chicago, so I decided to use some air miles and book business class tickets.  This is tricky though because they blackout popular travel dates.  I was coming in around Christmas, so I feared I might run into trouble.  But it really wasn't too bad.  I get in on the 10th, so I have almost a week of fun and pre-Christmas errand running and I don't fly bac****il January 15th, so I have basically a month to recover.  I think I'll do fine.

I can't wait to lose the roll(s) around my middle!  Yay!!

And you know what else?  I'm going in to see the doc on the 12th for fillers (probably Restylane).  I never thought I would go for any kind of facial enhancement.  But losing +110 lbs. has really done a number on my face.  My marionette lines are very pronounced.  Even the area below my lips has become shrunken.  I don't want to look haggard, so I started researching cosmetic fillers and they seem like the way to go.  I'm really looking forward to the results.

THIS IS EXCITING!

But I will try to control my enthusiasm.  

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tracy D.
on 7/12/14 10:07 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Excited for you, Karen!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Miss150
on 7/13/14 5:39 am

An adventure upcomming!  Good for you!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Ingrid K.
on 7/13/14 8:20 am - Canada

I am very excited for you Karen.  I just had a tummy tuck done on Monday and it isn't as bad as I feared.  I know you will do wonderfully.    Wishing you the body of your dreams :))

MyBariatricLife
on 7/13/14 9:34 am

I think you made a very good decision and have a good plan together. I believe you had considered surgery in MX, right? Staying with/near family for a month is a good idea. I wished I had stayed in NJ longer after my stage 2 surgery -- the first day back home I had a concerning complication. I was two weeks post op.

And I love what filler does to get rid of my marionette lines. For me it is buh-bye St. Bernard face! Filler is amazing!

Congrats!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

katy
on 7/23/14 1:03 pm

I'm so happy for you I haven't heard a word from doctor or insurance company since early June. 

Keep us posted. 

Most Active