UGGGHHHH Swelling - help!!

Sherrie P.
on 9/9/14 11:55 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Nothing like spending thousands of dollars on plastics and being bigger.... LOL

I am so swollen :(

I went into surgery wearing an 8 and now I have to pull out my 12's!! I have "gained" 4-5 inches in my hips since surgery. Surely I have not put on this kind of weight in 2 weeks. It has to be swelling???

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

chris53212
on 9/9/14 12:17 pm

Welcome to swell hell!  I wish I could tell you it will quickly go away but at 12 weeks out from a lbl.....my size 8 still don't fit.

Sherrie P.
on 9/9/14 12:26 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Well... misery loves company - so at least I don't feel like I am weird!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

chris53212
on 9/9/14 1:59 pm

and I don't feel so alone.  I hope your recovery is much more speedy then mine. 

antebellum1812
on 9/11/14 1:22 pm

Wow -

I'm glad this discussion is up here.  I am now 3 months post-op from a TT.  I was wearing a size 10.  I still can't fit into them. I have seen some older posts where someone said it took 9 months before they fit into their pre-op jeans.  OMG.  All I want is to be able to wear jeans.  I am still very sore.  So, I am basically in yoga pants and anything with a draw string.  

Good luck with the swelling.  I know it is annoying and no fun.

butterfly3851
on 9/9/14 2:25 pm - TX

I really don't know anything - went in for a pre - op appointment today and the nurse said she has had patients really swell from doing way too much.  Even when you are feeling better to still take it easy.

Hope the swelling goes down quickly!  Good luck to you!

Your pictures look great!

Sarahakers11
on 9/10/14 12:29 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

are you wearing any compression garments.  I had a LBL and BA back on 26 August. They did very little lipo and it was mostly skin removal.   I had some bad swelling the first week but the day they pulled the drains they put me in compression garments and a binder on top it went down.  I havent had bad swelling since..unless I leave it off to long!  I only take it off to shower and thats when it goes in the wash!  I can fit in my pre-surgery clothes with the garment and binder under most of them.  Some I put the binder on top and wear a long shirt. 

Look into lymphatic massage. I do that some to...its very light pressure and only in certain areas! Have you asked the surgeon or nurse if there is anything you can do to help with all the swelling?

How are you feeling otherwise? 

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Sherrie P.
on 9/10/14 11:54 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I am wearing a binder. I did some research and ordered a garment from Design Veronique. It should be here tomorrow.

As of today my hips were down 1.5 of the 5 inches they have swollen...so that made me happy.

I am sure I am doing too much.

I started wearing compression hose since I posted and lordy my ankles are better!!

Doc says I don't look swollen - lol. I said "you should tell my pants."

Sarahakers11
on 9/18/14 3:58 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Yeah i am coming up on 4 weeks out and I wear a compression garment 24 hours a day (except in the shower when its in the wash) and a binder on top of that. I can fit into all my pre-op clothes (they are a little lose actually) as long as I have the garment on.  Take it off and I start to swell some.  My surgeon has me using the garmet for 6 weeks.  At 4 weeks (in the garment which went on 1 week post op after the drains were out) I can start going out some with out it but not longer then a few hours.  I hated it at first but now it actually feels good to feel so much support.  Its a medical grade compression garment that goes from just above my knee to just below my bust line.  Then I have a very comfy sports type light compression bra.

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

cutekatie
on 9/10/14 12:39 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

I had a tummy tuck 4 weeks ago and also am dealing with swelling so you are not alone.

One thing I did was to take pictures once a week to compare. I feel so swollen but compared to how I looked a few weeks ago I look great (I was so drugged up and covered in bandages I didn't notice.) :)

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active