Post TT sexual dysfunction?

antebellum1812
on 9/10/14 9:07 am

Hi -

I'm a bit embarrassed, but I don't really have any other place to go to perhaps ask this question.  I had a TT on June 9.  I finally am able to be intimate again; however, there seems to be some issues with my sexual functioning.  

I know that when the doctor removed the skin, she pulled everything upward.  I am wondering if this can make intimacy more difficult for a female.

Thanks.

cutekatie
on 9/10/14 12:45 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

I am happy to respond because I noticed a lot of changes and I hope others will respond so we can help each other out.

I wouldn't call it dysfunction but I had a mons lift as well as a tummy tuck and you are right - everything is pulled up. I find the angles are different. It's like having sex with a totally different person (I've been with my husband for 17 years). I feel like I'm starting over trying to figure out what works.

I do notice that it's easier to ****** and I'm sure having things lifted helped. I can see that it could also cause ******s to be difficult.

Can I ask why you waited so long to have intercourse? I have been so careful and have been scared to ******

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

antebellum1812
on 9/10/14 2:45 pm

Hi -

There are numerous reasons as to why I waited.  And the other night was the first time since, and it was not successful.  The primary reason is that I have also been battling a really large kidney stone, which was discovered about 8 weeks after the TT.  I have had pain from that for a long time.  So, I actually had that surgery last week.  I was feeling rather saucy on Sunday night, but then...well...issues that I hadn't anticipated occurred.  

Also, there is one area of the TT that still has not healed completely.  It is the point where all incisions come together.  It is finally much closer to being healed up than before.  So, I have had a longer than anticipated recovery from the TT.

I am surprised as I did not have a mons lift, but I realized that she had lifted everything upwards.  

Thank you so much for responding.  I was starting to feel nuts.  

I would consider asking my doctor, but she lacks empathy.  She is an outstanding surgeon, but has absolutely no bedside manner. 

Thank you again!

cutekatie
on 9/11/14 5:46 am
RNY on 05/16/12

So you had a fleur de lis as well? I ask because when I look online and research issues etc most people just have the one incision. That spot took a while to heal for me as well.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

antebellum1812
on 9/11/14 12:34 pm

Hi,

I had not heard that term fleur de lis as to an incision.  I will look it up.  But yes, it is where the incisions meet.  I had an anchor cut.  The doctor gave me a new belly button, but also this way was able to take nearly all the skin.  I am very flat for the most part.  She would like to revise the surgery, but it does not need revision in my opinion.  She did a good job the first time around.  My only complaint is that what she didn't take fell into my hips and buttocks.  

I have very little fat left.  So, there aren't any fat rolls or anything.  It just slid downward.  And yes...it just doesn't want to finish healing up.  It is quite annoying.

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/14 4:29 am

An abdominoplasty or a lower body lift or pubic lift should not interfere with sexual functioning though I don't exactly know what you are referring to. I would think that maybe it could be issues not related to that, especially if you are just beginning after surgery. I would definitely ask your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

sweetvania
on 9/12/14 8:39 am - mississauga, Canada

I had no issues it definitely made it better and more of a turn on for us both. We waited a few weeks bcuz I haf drains in n a extra week just to be sure but I felt I was ready always right away but my loving boyfriend felt we should wait what a sweetie.   I hope you find out more information soon and get to enjoy your new body and making love. Xoxo to you

RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
Most Active