the next surgery

SaraBurns
on 12/2/14 7:37 pm - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12

well already this year back in april i had my paniculectomy and tomorrow on the 4th i am gona have a bilateral reduction mammoplasty done by the same surgeon. i am a little nervous but who isnt when u are going to have surgery. i had all of the stuff that i needed to get done. missed my pre-op interview yesterday i mixed up the days. but thank god that they were willing to do it over the phone so the surgery is still on for tomorrow.  i crapped myself when they said that the surgery was going to be for 4 and 1/2 hours long. but i have a question for anybody that has had the surgery or anything that is close to what i am having done, is it better for me to sleep in bed, on the couch or in a recliner after i come home from the hospital the next day after surgery.. thanks

Surgery 6/5/12
jeterway
on 12/2/14 8:23 pm

I had a bilateral mastectomy and slept in my bed every night.  I was in the hospital for 5 days and of course was in the bed then as well.  Most folks seem to feel more comfortable sleeping in a recliner for the first few nights after many of the plastics procedures.  I have not done that - gone to my bed every time except for my facelift where I was required to sleep in an upright position for the first week and a half.  Good luck with your surgery.

emelar
on 12/3/14 3:52 am - TX

It just depends on where you're most comfortable.  I was in bed for the LBL (with many pillows), thigh lift, and face lift.  I had an extended breast lift with brachioplasty and, for some reason, was more comfortable for the first few weeks in my recliner.  The one that's better is the one you can get cosy in! 

SaraBurns
on 12/3/14 4:08 am - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12

have to be at the hospital at 8 am and the surgery is at 10 am. the surgery is going to be for 4 hours and 1 hour in recovery

Surgery 6/5/12
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/14 4:44 am

You should be elevated for then your blood pressure is less and the chances of bleeding and bruising are less. Also, try not to raise your arms over your head.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Most Active