BA and arm lift in 2 weeks - a few questions

NadiaM
on 3/6/15 7:37 am
Hey all! So I am heading down to Florida in 2 weeks for my surgery and am only bringing a carry-on. My parents spend their winter in Florida so they will be there to take care of me. My question is what kind of clothes should I bring? I know for surgery I need loose clothes and zip up sweater but how will it be after - I'll be in Florida for 2 weeks after surgery ? Do I bring long sleeves, short sleeves, leggings, joggers, tank top? Am I going to be cold after and sleepy or will I be able to get out of the condo and wear more "normal" clothes. Basically I am not sure how to pack post-surgery!

jeterway
on 3/6/15 8:01 am

I had a compression garment that I had to wear after the brachioplasty.  It was like a midrif top with long snug sleeves.  Long sleeves to prevent swelling in the forearms.  You will want shirts that open in the front for a little while because it will be difficult to lift your arms over your head for the first week or so.  Each day I was able to get my arms a little higher.   How long your sleeves are depends on what you are going to do.  If just staying inside, no real need to cover the garment but if you want to get out, you may prefer a long sleeve top to cover the garment. 

Sherrie P.
on 3/6/15 10:20 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I also had compression - and still like wearing a tight long-sleeved undershirt now. 

With the BA you will also have compression = I would expect them to provide you with a garment.

You will totally be able to get out!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

katier825
on 3/8/15 11:09 am

I was most comfortable in loose button downs and yoga pants.  You don't want to be lifting to pull on a tee-shirt or anything. Although at the time, hubby was quite a bit heavier and I wore his 2X tees w/o any strain to get them on. As for the weather?  The week before last it was in the 40's a few mornings, warming up to 60's.  Today was probably 80. Maybe bring a lightweight loose jacket or similar, but normally it's warm enough for short sleeves if you are just hanging out.

NadiaM
on 3/10/15 8:46 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the replies :-) can't wait!!!

Jennifer K.
on 3/12/15 4:03 am - Phoenix , AZ

Yoga pants.. stuff that zips in the front.. or super stretchy tank tops. I lived in my target tanks and yoga pants... anything you can step into and pull up top wise helps.. you wont be pulling over your head... even stuff that zips can be tricky with the arms.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

NadiaM
on 3/12/15 4:52 am

Perfect... I'll plan to bring loose stretchy zip up clothes! :-) can't wait!

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/15 4:11 am

I've not had plastic surgery so I cannot comment on the compression garments, but I live her in West Central FL, and in late March, the temps are in the 80s.  Whatever you wear over the compression garments, bring light clothing that breathes.

NadiaM
on 3/12/15 4:53 am

That's great weather - can't wait to get out of the Montreal cold and snow :-)

Most Active