Surgery Needs LBL/Arms

Cheryl C.
on 3/25/16 12:08 pm - Odessa, TX

I will be having LBL and my arms done the end of April.  What are the must haves for recovery.  Does anyone have a list?  Thanks in advance.

Dcgirl
on 3/25/16 8:04 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey there - I commented on a post that is three posts before yours, and linked to my "what I wished I had known before plastics" post in my comment. I am on my phone or I would link here too! If you go click on the post about finding a surgeon in DC or MD or NJ you can see it there. Good luck!

Cheryl C.
on 3/27/16 3:26 pm - Odessa, TX

Thanks so much!

NYMom222
on 3/27/16 1:47 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Go find DcGirl's post, it is pretty comprehensive. She went back to work on day 4/5... I also had a large hernia repair at the same time... I would not have been able to do it. First 3 days were hardest... First week is a mental blur, and you definitely need someone to help you. Didn't feel totally human again until drains out on days 10 and 15. I am 4 weeks out tomorrow, I am still well aware I had surgery, I get tightness through my abdomen like I am wearing a girdle sometimes and not from the support garment....but I can get through my days fine.

I recovered the first week in a hotel - so I would add, I found a footstool also helpful because the bed was high and it gave me something to land on and push off of as I was getting in and out of bed. I also brought my outdoor anti-gravity lounge chair and threw a big fluffy blanket on it - it served well as a recliner, so I could elevate my legs and have something to sit on rather than just laying in bed.

I also had a cane from a previous surgery, I used it some to steady myself getting up and sitting down...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cheryl C.
on 3/27/16 3:27 pm - Odessa, TX

Thanks so much!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/15/16 2:34 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I have one of those antig chairs - thanks for mentioning it - i don't know that i would have thought to bring it upstairs - just for something different.

Sharon

Most Active