Panniculectomy approval in less than 2 days!

cracsgrl
on 8/23/16 7:47 am

I got my panniculectomy approval in 2 days once submitted with Blue cross blue shield of Texas hmo advantage plan! I am seeing Dr. David Morales in Dallas, TX. However I have had one hiccup.... The facility for the surgery... I had to file a review because apparently the Dr.  Doesn't do the surgery at an in network hospital!  Who the hell would of thought that would be an issue!?! ? ? So now I wait again.... 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/23/16 8:24 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

At least they caught it before you had the surgery,  I hope it gets straightened out.

Sharon

Tildy88
on 8/24/16 9:21 am

Hi there!  I too just got approved with BCBS of TX for a panniculectomy.  My surgery is August 30th!  I have a huge apron belly and can't wait to see how much they can remove.   I am in Houston!  What is your story?

I at my heaviest was 326, lost and gained over the years after having sleeve surgery. But have stayed the same for over a year and ready to let my back feel better without this extra belly weight.  I am currently 250 lbs. 

I wish you the best and look forward to following along with you during your journey. Maybe we could help each other.

cracsgrl
on 8/24/16 6:40 pm

I had sleeve in December of 2011. I lost from right at 400 lbs to 220 and now am back at about 270ish. I let sodas back in and not just 1 or 2 like 6 to 10 a day ??. I have since got rid of them again and have a personal trainer. I'm at a pretty steady weight now and just found a new surgeon hoping to get an Appt first of next week?. The last surgeon thought I had about 30 lbs of tissue to come off. He said I was pretty small under the skin. I just got big butt and legs  too.  I am going to try and have my surgery around first of September but Honostly if they said hey we will do it Monday I'd be camped out on their door step. 

Tildy88
on 8/25/16 5:57 am

Congrats on your weight loss. I understand the bit of yo yo dieting. It's a battle! I haven't let comes back in, but too many carbs for sure and no exercise. I wish you the best with upcoming surgery. 

jessica-r-t
on 8/25/16 11:05 am
VSG on 03/12/15 with

Can I ask how hard it was to get approved by BCBS? I am in Central Texas too (Austin) and I've been told that the chances are slim that I would get coverage approval for plastics.

jessica-r-t
on 8/25/16 11:04 am
VSG on 03/12/15 with

Awesome! Can I ask how complicated it was to get approval from BCBS? I have a great insurance plan, but have been told that the chances of being approved for plastics coverage is slim. I am in Austin, so I'd love to hear any advice on a surgeon sear*****entral Texas.

Waterme27
on 9/27/16 11:04 am

Have you had the pannis removal yet ? 

Most Active