Boobs

kerry B.
on 10/27/16 11:56 pm
VSG on 11/04/13

Been trolling for a while.  I waited until I maintained my weight for 1 year before I scheduled a consult with a plastic surgeon and then I waited until I maintained for two years to actually scheduled the surgery.  I am planning a tummy tuck and a lift with implants.  I wasn't planning on getting implants at all but ends up I will be a 34B with just a lift and I would like to be more proportional with my hips and be a large C or small D.  The last thing I want after losing all this weight is to stuff my boobs into my clothes so I don't want to go big.  My surgery is scheduled for mid January 2017. 

I have read through a lot of posts but really just want to hear how happy or unhappy anyone is with their decision to get implants.  How far out are you and if you were originally unhappy with getting implants, did your opinion change over time?  Would you do anything differently?

Thanks!

Kerry

5'9", 52 years old, 10 years postop VSG, HW 316 CW 195. Updated 11-12-23

Donna E.
on 10/28/16 6:44 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12

I got a reduction and lift two years ago.  I was a DDD.  I went down to a big B small C.  I felt they were too small and got implants last year.  I am noe a lifted and firm D and love it.  

Leslie W.
on 10/28/16 8:01 am - Cobourg, Canada

I did a lift first was small C. wanted more volume to outside of breasts. year later went with silicone inspira upto D-DD. i was glad I did it in 2 steps. 

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
sonnieN
on 10/28/16 8:23 am - grand rapids, MI

I did it all in one step, lift and implants 6 years ago and have never regretted getting my implants.

Laura in Texas
on 10/29/16 4:55 am

For people like me with super-droopy boobs, my surgeon does them in 2 steps- lift then implants at a later date. This helps them stay up in place better. I know other surgeons do this, too. I had the lift with the intent of going back later to get implants. For now, I decided not to get the implants. I may change my mind later, but I doubt it. With a good bra, my boobs look pretty good 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/30/16 4:32 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I was never very big on top - at 280 I still only wore a B cup.  I was more than a little lop-sided, so that is what I want corrected with the breast lift without transplants.  It was and with fat transfer from my saddlebags I am happy with my results.  I wear a Sm or X-Small clothes - I am 5'3" maybe 5'4" so I feel I am proportional at a 36B-.  I am outdoors hiking etc and did not want complications from implants.  Fat transfer cannot add a lot, but it can fill out a bit.  I was 59 when I had the surgery and did not want back aches from heavy implants.  Implants are heavier than the same volume of breast tissue. 

My reasons for not having implants being said, I am happy with my results - just being even was the most important outcome.  My PS said that no one has exact twins, but he could take my distant cousins and make them look like sisters.  Which he did!!  He also did an arm-lift that was very good for me.

For just cosmetic results, I think that most people in my situation would want implants to go up to a full C. Expect another operation 15 years down the road to replace them.  I could not image I would want to do another breast surgery at 74.  If I were having the breast lift at

Sharon

ICG63
on 10/30/16 3:44 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

You can see my pics to compare. Before surgery I was 38DDD or DD, now still 38 D or DD.

Got a lift with no implants. My surgeon is the type that would have done it in 2 steps anyway, but this is fine for me. I was surprised that the cup isn't smaller, but basically it is now the same with or without a bra. The bra just used to have to do a lot more heavy lifting. 

Good luck. 

breathemusic
on 10/31/16 10:23 am

I didn't really need implants and was able to get away with just doing a fat transfer to just try and fill in the upper poles of the breast.  I had originally considered implants to fill out my breasts but decided that it wasn't worth the cost or the maintenance.  I'm young enough that I'd have to get them replaced probably twice in my lifetime at the expense of thousands of dollars plus going through surgery again.... not worth it as far as I was concerned.  Then again, my breasts really weren't that bad to begin with, so I was lucky there.

kerry B.
on 10/31/16 11:46 am
VSG on 11/04/13

Thank you everybody for your sharing your experience.  I still have a little over 2 months to decide.  I know my surgeon is planning a single step process if I do implants but I will ask about it the next time I see him before surgery.  He did not bring up fat transfer at all so I will add that too the list of questions too. 

I know it will be here before I know it and I am especially nervous about not being able to workout for so long.  But, I am excited to finish this!

5'9", 52 years old, 10 years postop VSG, HW 316 CW 195. Updated 11-12-23

Jennifer K.
on 11/1/16 12:42 pm - Phoenix , AZ

Very happy! If I had just a lift I would not have had a lot of volume in the top part of my breasts. I was a D pre-op... when I stuffed the post-op girls into a bra it was a C... with the lift I would have been a B. I opted for 304cc natrelle implants 7/2014 (gummy bears). At first I wish I had gone bigger but now I am happy with my choice. I am at the perfect size where I do not have issues with finding shirts that fit... any bigger and they would be too tight in the chest or too baggy around the middle. 

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active