Panniculectomy 2 days post op (with pics)

Susanb2117
on 8/28/17 10:02 am

THanks Pat, I agree. I was just not interested in putting my body through anymore stress so when this option became available and I found out it was such an easy recovery I was very excited.

pr31
on 8/30/17 9:09 am

This is very encouraging. My belly looks a lot like your "before" and I didn't want to/don't have funds to go through the "major" surgery (I know, all surgeries are major). This gives me possible hope for the future. The thought of not having the constant rashes/soreness of the under-belly skin is definitely something to think about. I don't want a procedure that's going to require a long time off work and your story just 2 days post-op is VERY encouraging. I'm 58 and like you not interested in a bikini body - but would like to get rid of the rashes/major extra skin.

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Susanb2117
on 8/30/17 9:39 am

I am glad you found this. I was looking for some encouragement and a "before" picture that I could relate to but was unable to find any. My doctor actually talked me into this. I can tell you that I am 1 week and 1 day out now and there was no real "recovery" except a little healing type soreness and I the binder worked wonders for the first week. I no longer am wearing it. I never used one pain med, in hospital or out, except Tylenol. I am amazed at how easy it was. Being in my 50s I try to be careful about stressing my poor body out, LOL, and this was a breeze for me. You have no idea how excited I am that I will no longer deal with irritation and rashes. The first shower I almost cried because I didn't have to lift that little pootch and clean under it and then dry it really really well after. Its amazing! If you can do it, I would highly recommend as long as you are realistic about what you are looking for as a result, which it sound like is almost exactly the way I felt. Good luck!

NYMom222
on 9/3/17 7:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I also have never seen just a panniculectomy. I am amazed that you needed no pain medication. Wow! there is something to be said for easy recovery. Everyone has to decide what is the best decision for them. Looks like you have a nice suture line as well. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active