Vitamins causing dumping during pregnancy?

CoastiesGirl
on 3/23/11 6:52 am - Point Reyes Station, CA
I have never dumped before...So I am not sure what was/is going on. This morning I woke up felt ok...a little queezy. Chalked it up to morning sickness. I am a little over 4 weeks along. Took my multi vit, b12, D and my blood pressure pill. Just like I do every morning. Same routine. Its the first thing I do so I dont forget. About 15-20 min later I started getting cold sweats, then nauesea, palpitations, dizzyness. I thought I was going to pass out in the bathroom...My ears even started ringing and my arms started getting tingley. I thought my husband (who just happened to have taken today off work) was going to have to call 911. It passed after about 5 minutes. I started to feel better. And went to lay down. I took my blood pressure thinking maybe it was super high or super low, but it was perfect.

Does this sound like a dumping episode? Are they more common during pregnancy? What could have caused it? Could it have been taking my vitamins on an empty tummy?

IamMrsMcDole
on 3/23/11 8:49 am - Anderson, IN
Dizziness during pregnancy is very common I get it several times a day. Try taking them at night before bed or if you need to switch to flinestones with iron chewables. OB and gb dr said that was okay during pregnancy and bf'ing. Make sure u carry snacks in your purse and eat often.
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

CoastiesGirl
on 3/23/11 8:53 am - Point Reyes Station, CA
So in your opinion do you think it was a dumping episode or a hypoglycemic episode?

IamMrsMcDole
on 3/23/11 9:03 am - Anderson, IN
Well it sounds just like my hypoglycemic episodes so side and breath and eat!!!
Jess

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

chelle614
on 3/23/11 11:54 am - Chester, NY
The few times I have dumped it was a lot longer than 5 minutes. It could have just been pregnancy related. I was dizzy a few times in the first trimester and even passed out in the shower once.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

candessg
on 3/23/11 1:40 pm - plymouth, MN
 You were warned about becoming pregnant so soon after pregnancy. Be prepared for a rough ride and let's hope your child doesn't suffer.
CoastiesGirl
on 3/23/11 3:21 pm - Point Reyes Station, CA
I didnt come here looking for "lip". I came to get a specific question answered. If you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing at all. Thank you.

candessg
on 3/24/11 8:52 am - plymouth, MN
 Funny how stating the truth is considered giving "lip" these days. In your last thread about what labs to have your OB pull I encouraged you to see a bariatric surgeon and I also told you that the military had and exceptional family member program. (do some research) You of course resisted both and also said that you only saw your surgeon 2 times in the entire surgery process. His staff is there to help as well...just an FYI. 
In a previous post when you asked for all the "feel good stories" about trying to conceive this early on you were very angry when countless people warned you not to do this for your health and the health of your unborn child. You obviously didn't take that advice seriously. 
I also believe you said your surgeon and your OB were one board with you trying to conceive this early on. Hmmm... funny how it seems you have a different story now considering you OB doesn't have a clue on what labs to pull and you are no longer in contact with your surgeon.

So here is my advice, since you after all did come here for advice...RIGHT?

Get off the computer and stop asking for a medical diagnosis from people on here and call your surgeon! It's simple! Think about your child's health and well being since you decided to go against proven research that this was a bad idea. The least you can do for your baby is seek help from a bariatric surgeon, who happens to know what they are doing! 

This will probably be shocking news but freedom of speech is actually practiced on this forum as well.

So now, instead of thinking of a clever reply think about your baby and call your surgeon.

That's the best advice you are going to get.
chelle614
on 3/24/11 10:18 am, edited 3/24/11 10:30 am - Chester, NY

Really? Pregnant on purpose this early out? If that is true than why didn't you research which vitamins to take?
Speechless...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/postop_pregnancy/4304361/P lease-no-judements-TTC-4-months-post-op/action,replies/topic _id,4304361/page,2/

After re-reading this, I cannot believe your surgeon or any medical professional gave you their "blessings' at only 3 months post op. There are 4 pages of advice and warnings from us on that thread alone. You clearly (and stupidly) decided to concieve anyway and now have no clue what to do with yourself. Find a WLS doctor ASAP and I hope you have better judgement in ALL your future parenting decisions.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Modest Vixen
on 3/25/11 8:12 am - Surprise, AZ
Thank you so much for bringing this up. I wanted to bite my tongue when I saw that she did in fact INTENTIONALLY get pregnant this early out. Makes me sick to be quite honest. Those of us that had it happen unintentionally spend every day worrying about the health of our babies. She didn't give a flying fluck about her baby and was selfish as hell.

~*Crystal*~

HW-327/SW-313/CW-271/Doc's Goal:150 ......Awaiting Revision to DS     
Post RNY baby born 6 weeks early, Jaelyn Mary Christine May 9th, 2011    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1284 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 881 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1353 views