c section questions for newly sectioned moms lol

gwen41539
on 4/17/11 5:49 am - kimper, KY
Ok im a lil over 7months and i had one c section in 05 and have to have another this time as well my dr will let me go till the last week in june or about 39 weeks my questions are

did u bleed vaginally after the c section? I cant remember!
also i am still large 350lbs anyone else close to this size ? it was horrid for me last time i set up infection because of my large tummy :( 

and by the way i am a lap bander

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Tabetha A.
on 4/17/11 6:01 am - Ajax, Canada
 I bled after my csection.  Not horribly.  But I definitely bled off and on for a few weeks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

mzicuis
on 4/17/11 7:03 am
I just had my c-section 2 weeks go amd I have barely bled. It is very light - enough for a pad "just in case" and then other times nothing!
FlabToFab
on 4/17/11 9:10 am - Chino Hills, CA
I bled like a heavy period for about a month straight. I was 252 when I delivered, and I'm 5'8". My healing process seemed slow, but I don't have anything to compare it to. It took me about 8 weeks to feel "normal" again.
Mandy- 6.5cc (10cc band) 
87 Pounds To Go!  304/257/170
Kerri B.
on 4/17/11 10:09 am
I bled for about 3 weeks for the first 2 days being heavy and then after that it was like normal period bleeding.
plusizedbarbie
on 4/17/11 10:28 am - Manahawkin, NJ
I blead only very little for only about 3 weeks.
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

trouble256
on 4/17/11 12:55 pm - Athens, AL
I bled. For about 4 weeks. It was pretty heavy in the beginning, and then lightened up to almost nothing towards the end.

I was 212 when I delivered, and my section was cut higher than normal due to my "b-belly' so that I would be less of a risk for infection due to the skin flap....My scar is almost non existant. I healed perfectly.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
linda.traxler
on 4/17/11 5:42 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
With my last pregnancy, I had to have a section and weighed 340#.  I bled quite heavy for a couple weeks than lightly for about 4 weeks more.  The incision healing was a little bit of a problem, but not too bad.  I had to watch it very closely....  But, it was ok.

I wish you the very best of luck!!!!!!
gwen41539
on 4/17/11 9:45 pm - kimper, KY
thanks ladies i appreciate the information i dread the c- section so bad :(

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

TraceyC
on 4/18/11 2:11 am - DFW, TX
I dreaded the section too- so much so that I changed dr's to see if I could go it on my own. Unfortunately my little guy wasn't so little (9lbs 9oz) and he wasn't making a desending progress like he should have so we ended up in surgery. They gave me medicine in the incision to help with the pain. It was SO much better than my previous section!!!

Whether you have a section or a regular birth its your uterus that's healing so you'll have bleeding either way. Mine was light for about two weeks or so.

I developed an infection as well- not fun at all. They had me place maxi pads in the incision area to absorb the blood and moisture so that the area would stay dry. I know this helped. I was 150lbs when I got pregnant but I still have a panni so I'm sure that was a huge factor in the infection.

I have a band too!

Good luck! You'll be meeting your new baby before you know it!

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views