Lapband moms

lesliejayne
on 4/24/11 11:27 am - Noxapater, MS

Question for you LapBand moms!!!  Did any of you make it to delivery or the last few weeks without an unfill?  I am 34 wks pregnant, and have had good restriction until about 3 wks or so ago.....after that, I've had a very hard time eating.  Some days are okay, some aren't.  Just curious is any of you had to have an unfill the last few weeks of pregnancy?

Leslie

TraceyC
on 4/24/11 11:28 pm - DFW, TX
I had right upper quadrant pain throughout my pregnancy. It got so bad that they had to do an emergency CT. Because of having to drink the cup of contrast within a two minute period, my surgeon was concerned about my band resriction and removed all my fluid. I later had surgery to correct what was a small bowel obstruction. Had I not had all this I would have made it through the pregnacy with my band untouched.

I always had luck with hot liquids like coffee (decaf for me) and tea, and also walking to loosen things up. Anything that heats up my band seems to help on the days that I am just stuck. 

Just make sure you are getting in enough calories. If it gets to be where you can't eat anything then call your surgeon. You can always get a fill after the baby is here. 

Good luck!  

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

tamiissunshine
on 4/25/11 3:37 am - Halsey, OR
I went into my surgeon around the same time as you, maybe even 36 weeks and tried to get an unfill but he wouldn't do it. He said that if I can eat ok some days and not others that it was better for me to just keep the fill I had. I was gaining fine and baby was gaining fine. However after my C section I couldn't even keep my saliva down so they had to unfill me completely. That was not good. But if you can, I'd keep your fill in. I've had issues ever since the unfill of trying to get my band to get to where it was before. It's not the same.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Dev *.
on 4/26/11 12:57 pm - Austin, TX
 I had an early unfill around 8 weeks and then refilled around 14 when the morning sickness passed. I didn't have any more unfills, but I did notice that, toward the end, it was hard to eat more than a few bites at a time. I think all the organs just get so squished that there just isn't much room in there anymore!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views