Heavy Heart

akerley4
on 5/11/11 4:46 am - Madison, CT
RNY on 01/11/11 with
I just experinced my first miscarriage after having had four healthy wonderful children.  I was only 3 months out of surgery when I found out I was pregnant.  Apparently sometimes oral contraceptives are not absorbed correctly after the surgery.  Anyway we would have loved to have this child and our hearts are so broken right now.  I am one pound away from onderland and that will be such a bittersweet moment.

thetexgal
on 5/11/11 4:55 am - Fort Worth, TX
I am sorry for your miscarriage. It is never easy! I know your heart is heavy.

On a side note, congrats on getting close to onderland. That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
MusicMaryn
on 5/11/11 5:00 am - San Jose, CA
I am so sorry for your loss.  I had a MC last Dec.  So I can truly understand what you're going through.  Many of us here on this board have experienced MCs.  Be gentle with yourself over the next couple of weeks as your body bounces back after that pregnancy and mc.  Make sure you are taking iron because as the body releases what it had built up in preparation for that pregnancy, women tend to experience low energy and low iron levels.

As far as the birth control, yes we have significant malabsorption with RNY.  So typically the bc pill does not work with RNY patients.  Many women accidentally get pg during the first year after RNY despite the fact that they were on the pill.  After your body normalizes over the next few weeks, I would suggest talking to your OB about an alternate method of BC.  I've hear the Mirena IUD is pretty good.

Anyway, my prayers go out to you for both your physical and emotional healing during this time.  And remember, there is nothing that you did or did not do to cause the MC.  They just happen sometimes.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Hollywog
on 5/11/11 5:32 am
I'm sorry for your loss.  Onderland will be a bittersweet place...great sorrow on one side...joy on the other. 

[[hugs]]

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

PrettyPixieGirl
on 5/11/11 7:42 am
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Like said above treat yourself kindly. I hope you have a good support system to help you through this pain. We will be here when you are at goal and ready for that next BFP.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

Cathie N.
on 5/11/11 9:18 am - Augusta, GA
I'm sorry for your loss.

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

chelle614
on 5/11/11 1:07 pm - Chester, NY
I'm very sorry for your loss. Each child is special no matter how many you have or what the cir****tances are. I had one last fall and wanted to do something in it's memory. We donated to the March of Dimes and I will be planting a shrub on my (would have been) due date in a few weeks. Even though I got pregnant again 3 cycles later, I still mourn for that baby.
(((hugs)))

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

tamiissunshine
on 5/11/11 2:53 pm - Halsey, OR
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1265 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 872 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1342 views