Starting to get depressed.....

Hollywog
on 5/26/11 4:49 am
Congrats and welcome. 

I think what you're feeling is perfectly normal.  You're right that someone who's never been in your shoes (with the weight specifically) won't 'get it' when you say you're worried about regaining, etc.  I think as long as you're careful what you eat, and be as active as you can be (which may not be much right now, but it will get better), you can keep weight gain in check.  You need to remember though, you likely will gain SOME weight...and don't beat yourself up about it...just remind yourself that it's pregnancy weight, not 'I'm getting fat again' weight. 

Your energy will likely start to return around the time you go into your 2nd trimester.  That first trimester can kick your ass with exhaustion.  It's nothing to do with you or your weight...it's the pregnancy.

FYI - you've done fantastic on your weight loss to date.  120 pounds gone is nothing to sneeze at. 

Best wishes...and congrats again. 

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

PrettyPixieGirl
on 5/26/11 5:57 am
Holy cow 120lbs is awesome! Congrats on the pregnancy! Just wanted to say Hi hi and welcome!

I 2nd what everyone else has said. Weightloss is physical and mental. This will be a mental battle. You will have good days and bad days. The hormones do not help. They make you hungry and tired and moody. But once you start to feel your LO move around inside you things will change.

I haven't had the baby yet but I suspect the break from losing weight might actually jump start my weight loss back to something exciting for me. I was stalling out and though only 10-20lbs from goal I don't think I would have made it. It was too easy to coast as I was. The mental break from losing might just be a good thing in the end.

Good luck and I can't wait to hear updates on your little one!

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

Jennifer H.
on 5/26/11 11:03 am - stockton, CA
You will do fine I was scared myself.I gained 36 pound when caring my twins.I have lost all but 17 pounds and its been four weeks since I had them and I had them at 25 weeks so i wasn't done yet..I also in this time went in for an emergency d&c and went back up then back down.If you have it set in your mind you will do fine and still lose.

My girls are in heaven now I'm determined to be healthy because they want me to and they are looking over me so we can try and have another.If I can do it you can to.Hugs.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Cathie N.
on 5/26/11 8:16 pm - Augusta, GA
Now there's a great testament to how supportive we are to one another! One Mother is suffering the loss of her babies but still reaches out and gives of herself to console another.

I love these Ladies!

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

Jennifer H.
on 5/27/11 3:51 am - stockton, CA
All I will say is that my girls are Angles and they wouldn't want me to hate or be sad they would want me to move on and take care of my son and still love others.I have faith,hope and dreams and in this hard time because I wont lie it hurts but if i can be strong anyone can and I have just as much faith and hope for everyone else here.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Cathie N.
on 5/27/11 4:59 am - Augusta, GA
Jennifer - that's a beautiful outlook to have. You're right, those babies do want you to go on and be the best Mother, Sister, Daughter, Wife and Friend you can be. What a great example you are for all of us.

I hope you find comfort in knowing there's a Girl in Georgia who holds you very close to her heart.

~ Cathie

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1260 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1336 views