How much weight

Mommytwo3
on 5/30/11 11:34 pm - Independence, KY
So I was wondering about how much weight will we lose when we deliver the baby?  Lets figure baby is about 8 lbs... I am thinking I will lose about 10.... What do you think?
LSUtigerGirl
on 5/31/11 12:05 am
I had a 8.8lb baby and lost nearly 20 lbs before I left the hospital 2 days later. Obviously a LOT of that was water weight and amniotic fluid/placenta, in addition to the baby.
If you figure 1-2 lbs for the placenta, 2+ lbs for amiotic fluid, then any extra water you retain in the last few weeks/months of pregnancy. I was shocked how fast the post partum weight loss added up! 
Mommytwo3
on 5/31/11 12:15 am - Independence, KY
I guess I wonder because I'm kinda worried I may have lost to much weight..  I am 156 now but when I lift my arm in such a way I look puney and skeltal.(sp?)..  In my face I can see the bones under my eyes and in my cheaks...  I'm scared that I am losing to much..  I know baby is fine.. He is growing and even though I'm not gaining the OB says he is.. For my height (5'1) 156 is still overweight but I just feel like after baby is here and I lose his weight I may be too thin...  Maybe i'm just paranoid.
Trish W.
on 5/31/11 4:57 am
I think we had similar situations. So, here is my breakdown. Pre-op I weighed 255lbs (I'm 5' 6"). I was 3 months post-op when I conceived & I weighed 162lbs. I was 152lbs on the day I delivered. Today (6 months postpartum), I weigh between 125-130 depending on the day. I am a bit below goal (my personal goal was 155lbs), but most of that is from muscle wasting. That is what gives me that "too skinny" look. You can see my bones due to lack of muscle mass. I did not get enough protein or exercise for almost a year due to a combo of horrible nausea, weakness, c-section, & hysterectomy. I think as soon as I can start working out, I will look "healthier".

Trish Whitehead

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers    
Lianne C.
on 5/31/11 7:19 am - Garden City, MI
I lost 20lbs before leaving the hospital!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1266 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 873 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1343 views