GAS

nkjanes78
on 6/8/11 4:18 am - Norfolk, VA
OK, since surgery last March gas has been my ONLY problem. It is so bad sometime that I am doubled over in pain. I saw my OBGYN and she said one of the things that testosterone does besides support a pregnancy is slow down your bowels. Needless to say the gas is even worse, its so bad that sometimes I cant do anything but double over in pain...I cant function some days. She said that there is nothing that she can give me besides the gasx that I am already taking like candy (about 20 a day). I also called my surgeon yesterday (my obgyn and him happen to be married) and he also said because of the pregnancy there is nothing else I can take. I cant imagine 7 more months of this. Even when I had my ultrasound yesterday the tech mentioned all the air she saw in my abdomen. I am in agony!!! Any Suggestions??

stacey0523
on 6/8/11 4:24 am - Virginia Beach, VA
YIKES that sucks! I have no suggestions but right before finding out I was pregnant and the first few weeks I had HORRIBLE gas.  Now that I am almost 12 weeks (tomorow) things have gotten better for me.  I hope things calm down for you soon and you get relief!
Total weight loss from highest known weight:   
Weight loss since surgery on June 8, 2010     
chelle614
on 6/8/11 4:27 am - Chester, NY
Ahh I thought this was going to be a post complaining about gas being $4.10 a gallon...and I was ready to join in :)
Good luck.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

MusicMaryn
on 6/8/11 5:26 am - San Jose, CA
Sorry Noelle!  I didn't have gas probs after my RNY, but I know many people did.  Sounds like yours is just really bad.  I've heard that walking a lot can help the gas pass.  And heck... ur pg now... so more walking is a good thing.  That's all i have for ya, other than this...
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

shrinkingarmywife77
on 6/8/11 5:33 am - Lyman, SC
I had this same problem early in my pregnancy, it was HORRIBLE, but it did get better in my 2nd trimester...there was nothing I could take to relieve it either....sorry :-(
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
nkjanes78
on 6/8/11 10:28 am - Norfolk, VA
My OBGYN called and she told me to eat things like white rice and bread, limit my fruits and veggies (peel the skin). and to add fibrocon (sp?) so that I m getting fiber. WTF...if I eat that **** I will be living in the bathroom, not to mention that its useless, unhealthy calories. Does that advice make sense to anybody or is it just me?

stacey0523
on 6/9/11 12:25 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Do you see a doctor at Portsmouth?  I have not heard the best things about their advice! he he I don't think you want to go to all those carbs and limiting your fruit and veggies which is stuff you NEED! Are you having any constipation issues or anything?  I noticed I was in more pain when constipated.  I take 1-2 stool softeners every day and once my "issue" was resolved the gas was better too. 
Total weight loss from highest known weight:   
Weight loss since surgery on June 8, 2010     
nkjanes78
on 6/9/11 2:41 am - Norfolk, VA
I did have my surgery at portsmouth but now I actually see a dr in the same practice you do. dr. W

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views