Prenatal Vitamins

Candace ..
on 7/1/11 11:16 am - pgh, PA
Hello everyone...

Quiestion..did your doc add a prenatal vitamin or replace your MV with it??

also....do you take the prenatal 2x or once a day..

Thanks!
                                                                 130LBS GONE!!!

XiomisMom
on 7/1/11 12:05 pm
I replaced my MV with a prenatal when we started TTC. I had to up it to two about halfway through the pregnancy, but it was based on vitamin levels that I had checked- some vitamins aren't healthy in high doses for the fetus, so I had my levels evaluated by my surgeon and by the OB. I still actually take a prenatal now because the extra iron is just enough without causing those nasty iron side effects. If you are already taking two MV's per day, then you may want to ask about twice a day at this point. Everyone's body is different! Good luck! 

Carrie
mandajolyn
on 7/1/11 12:38 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I was told to replace one of the two multi's I take with a prenatal and was given 1mg folic acid to add to it. Other than that my vitamin schedule stays the same.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Chena83
on 7/2/11 2:09 am - Clarksville, IN
I just take pre nats. My vit levels are good. My ob checks them every tri!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

hockeybabe2u
on 7/2/11 10:08 am - Allegan, MI
With my last pregnancy and again with this one, I didn't take a prenatal, I just continued taking my MV.  This is why having your blood drawn soon would be ideal to check where your levels are and see what is needed.  I had my mid-wife prescribe me a prenatal but didn't have it filled until I had the results of my vitamin levels.  I was told by my bari surgeons office that all my levels looked good and there wasn't a need to add prenatals.  My iron was high and they told me to reduce my supplement to every other day.  I plan to have my levels checked here very soon and see how all is looking and will add more if needed then.  So, I wouldn't start taking a prenatal or switch your multi until you have your levels checked.  I would however start adding folic acid as I seen from your previous post, that your not taking that.

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1280 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 878 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1348 views