Hair loss...

jes7997
on 7/27/11 1:01 am - Garland, TX
It's been a long time since I have posted...I have my hands full, sorry.

But a quick question if anyone would be kind enough to offer suggestions.

I used Nioxin before the pregnancy to keep hair loss at a minimum.
During the pregnancy I did not lose any hair and even used normal shampoo.
My son is now 4 months old and within the last 2 weeks my hair started falling out and it's VERY noticeable (and embarassing).

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what shampoo or other hair product to use??

Greatly appreciated!!!
-Jessica
hockeybabe2u
on 7/27/11 3:31 am - Allegan, MI
I don't have any suggestions on which shampoo or products to use, but I too deal with loosing hair.  I also know that while we are pregnant, they say your hair is at it's finest.....not sure if it's the hormones or what.  So it makes since that you are loosing it big time now that the baby is born.  I know folic acid helps with hair loss...are you still taking a supplement?  Can you start reusing the Nioxin?  Let me know if you find a fix, as I'm sure I could use it once my baby is born too!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

jes7997
on 7/27/11 5:28 am - Garland, TX
I know I'm going to go back to my nioxin...I just hate how much it cost  :-(
But if I find something else I'll let you know  :-)
Lexa321
on 7/27/11 5:19 am - weston, FL
its a hormonal loss.. theres nothing you can do but wait it out... i cut about 5 inches off my hair and kept it in a pony tail.
jes7997
on 7/27/11 5:27 am - Garland, TX

Really? Even 4 months after that baby was born? Goodness  :-(

I am going to cut it again. so I can't put it in a ponytail-that's when it is most noticeable. It's above the temples that looks like a widows peak...boo

Lexa321
on 7/27/11 6:08 am - weston, FL
yeah your hair runs in 3 month cycles... and while your pregnant you dont release the hormone that makes you loose hair so you get this wonderful.. beautiful thick hair... then you deliver and ALL of the hormone**** at once... and your hair just falls out... its awfully sucky and such a cruel joke from god.
jes7997
on 7/27/11 6:16 am - Garland, TX
Ha ha ha....yeah, cruel joke.

Funny for me was that my leg hair didn't grown during pregnancy. So I shaved maybe once a month. It was nice...
IamMrsMcDole
on 7/27/11 5:28 am - Anderson, IN
Nioxin is a good product if you keep using it. It is a steroid for your hair and if you stop it's like rogaine the hair falls out worse. I am a hair stylist have been for many years. People always ask about those 2 products and yes the help but can't be stopped. My suggestion is taking biotin vitamins, minimal chemical services, and stimulate your scalp with massage when you wa**** I had thick thick hair and when I had rny I lost ALOT of hair. I cut it up it short b/c it was easier. Then after Bella was born and I bf I lost a ton of hair again. Just did a shorter cut haircut and take some nioxin. It is a hormonal thing and it happens to us all!
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

jes7997
on 7/27/11 5:30 am - Garland, TX
Thank you Jessica..

I do need to get back on my vitamins...I just have a hard time with all that's on my plate.
I work full time, go to school full time, have my 5 yr old and 4 month old and essentially a single parent...so that person I think of last is myself...needless to say I don't eat right or take my vits  :-(
hockeybabe2u
on 7/27/11 10:36 am - Allegan, MI
Try to take your vitamins around the same time each day.  I take mine 1st thing in the morning before I get my cup of coffee and rarely forget to take them.  Maybe set them on the counter so you see them when you go to the kitchen to remind you!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1287 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 883 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1356 views