first period post delivery

lesliejayne
on 8/5/11 11:57 am - Noxapater, MS
Okay ladies, Halle Kate will be 11 weeks old on Monday.  I started my first period 22 days ago and it is still just as heavy as it was day 1.  Not getting any lighter. I called my MD's office on Monday and the nurse said to "continue on this pack of pills, and then take the next pack.  If it's not better after that, call back" .  Seriously?!!  That's six weeks! I have been bleeding pretty heavy and feel awful.  Were your first periods heavy and how long did they last?  Thanks for the help!
Leslie

harleymama31
on 8/5/11 12:35 pm
its normal.

remember after a vaginal birth you can bleed upto 12weeks. just depends on who you are. NOW wiht the first period it might now of been a "real period" rather than you were finishing bleeding after birth. depends on what you say is heavy. I had a good flow going after every birth and just about when you think you cant bleed anymore it stops. IT does start and stop quite a bit after delivery. just do as your dr nurse says or whatever. Unfortunately she is right on the money..i know how some people feel about dr's etc...they do know a thing or two and they have had the experience as to when to be alarmed.

good luck, and yes birth is an icky business. first periods are a ***** mine are worse than birth.
lesliejayne
on 8/5/11 12:42 pm - Noxapater, MS
Thank you for your response.  I only bled 10 days after delivery, and it wasn't bad at all.  I'm going through a pad every 1 to 2 hours now.  So for me, its been reallly heavy!
Leslie

harleymama31
on 8/5/11 12:58 pm
i did the samething as you with this last one. bled for a few days not to heavy then WHAMO bleed heavy, pad every 2hrs or so and bled forever...plus youve had sugery so your WHOLE system has to get into sync. just keep your dr updated on it. you will be fine. make sure you rub your tummy around your uterine area to help "break up the clots" like they do in the hospital after delivery.
PrettyPixieGirl
on 8/6/11 4:38 am
I may not be much help. I am actually confused if I had my period or not. I had a c-section.. bled for less than 4 weeks.. a panty liner or less. Stopped breastfeeding about 2 weeks. I had abunch of cramping about july 24th and started very light bleeding. I thought I started my period. It lasted all of 1 day. I went into surgery the 28th and had another 1 day of light bleeding. Now nothing.

So I am not even sure if i actually had my period yet or not. This is my first so I don't know what to expect PP.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

harleymama31
on 8/6/11 7:24 am
first periods are the worst, ever. With me its like im contracting but worse. Now with csections i think it is different seems how they "clean" you out during the incision. since you BF then it could be that you may of had your period or just break thru bleeding like you may have started to ovulate. My body still isnt on track been getting my "period" every 15days up until this last time. FINALLY got back to "normal"...im 7mos out from having him.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views