pouchtest and pregnancy??!!

queenfairy
on 9/8/11 3:03 pm - midland, TX
RNY on 02/17/09 with
can you do the pouch test while pregnant?!

TaNyA BeCeRrA

AmusedOne
on 9/8/11 8:28 pm - York, PA
I was told to STOP dieting when i got pregant... Otherwise you may not be getting enough nutrition for you AND your baby...
Angie
hockeybabe2u
on 9/8/11 11:22 pm - Allegan, MI
Why in the world would you want to?  Pregnancy is NOT the time to try to be loosing weight!  It don't mean to eat everything under the sun.  Basically you only need to add an additional 300-400 calories more each day, some of which should be good for you carbs (whole grains, wheats, rice, etc.).  You can still be mindful of what you eat, but you DEFINATELY should NOT be dieting!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

linda.traxler
on 9/9/11 4:23 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
I agree with the other posts!  Why would you want to while you're pregnant???  I've take the pouch test (not while pregnant)  my total intake of calories was down to 700-800 while on the all liquid days.  This is neither a safe nor a good thing to undertake while pregnant!!
MeliT
on 9/9/11 5:34 am - Miami, FL
 i'm not pregnant yet but i can underdstand why you might be thinking about the pouch test. you're probably worried that you can eat so much. maybe you're scared you're strecthing your pouch. but now is not the time to worry about it. as long as you keep yourself in check and don't give yourself a carte blanche to eat everything you should be fine. the last thing you wanna do now is restrict your normal calories.  the baby needs it. so don't worry too much about your pouch. as long as you're able to get enough food in you should be fine.  you can do the pouch test after the baby comes. although i'm not sure if even then you're supposed to because if you're breastfeeding it takes a lot out of you. if you choose to breastfeed. 

like i said, i'm not even pregnant but i just wanted to let you know i understand why you would ask the question. but don't worry, enjoy your pregnancy.

Hollywog
on 9/9/11 5:42 am

You've had plenty of responses re the pouch test....but the more important question is...ARE YOU PREGNANT AGAIN?!  Woot!  I hope so!

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Jennifer H.
on 9/9/11 6:39 am - stockton, CA
If you are pregnant and your worried your eating to much more you will but after baby comes out it goes back to same normal amounts.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

queenfairy
on 9/10/11 6:42 am - midland, TX
RNY on 02/17/09 with
Thanks for the replies guys...yes i know its not a smart thing and not necesseraly diet but ....some kind of restriction....I HAVE NONE!! FOR  the past 6 months am able to eat EVERYTHING...(am only 6weeks and havent told anybody but yall !!) ive gain 20lbs and am just scared of developing gest diabetes or high blood pressure or have complications....wich i knw am a high risk anyway...but no my baby is the most importat...so ill deal with the weight issue later....and yes am preggo again!!! and i see many of the moms that went thrue then are happily preggo too...yeay...just praying all is good!!!

TaNyA BeCeRrA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1248 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 863 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1325 views