Is it selfish?

tuckergirl
on 11/30/11 8:45 am - Canada
I am considering getting pregnant now that I have lost my weight with VSG and hopefully can detour many of the issues with PCOS and infertility.

BUT, I am wondering, am I the only one that goes into thinking about pregnancy after VSG and selfishly is petrified of NOT losing the weight again after??

I have worked so hard, and I know there are no other alternatives for me.  I don't want to mess with this success and am so scared to not be able to get rid of the extra weight after the baby comes.

Keep in mind that I totally understand that I will NEVER regret having another child :)  BUT i am just so worried to go back to where I was.

Am I making any sense? :) :)

Ticker id: tnRU

Ticker id: tnRU

Kokonut
on 11/30/11 10:30 am
No, I don't think it's selfish! (fancy meeting you here btw) LOL I'm right there with you. I'm always fine for losing weight after the baby. It's the second years of nursing that kills me. So I'm thinking I will be weaning much earlier than I ever have before. That bugs me a bit but I'll be fine, it might not be an issue. Will deal with it when the time comes :)

I will be a much happier mom if I am not worried about massive weight gain again. I also have PCOS, but I don't have bad fertility issues. I can say that I ovulate on a dime now and it's sure nice to know when aunt flo is gonna show up.

I think we will be just fine, we have learned and have modified our lifestyles. We know the rules
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

jent0082
on 11/30/11 1:00 pm - Hartsville, SC
No I think it's normal and VERY not selfish. People of normal weight worry about the same thing so it's only natural someone with a history of weight problems would only magnify that feeling. It's not selfish to want to be healthy, look good and feel good..isn't that the main reason we chose to have surgery? I held onto some weight after my first child ( he turned 2 on Sunday) and I'm currently 25 weeks with my second( and last..I think lol) so I have been trying to keep control on how much I gain this time and I know as soon as she is born it's back to basics to get this excess off bc I want to feel good so I can enjoy my kids to the fullest bc if I don't I know where it leads and I don;t want to go back there! Best of luck with whatever you decide, but I think as WLS patients we are more aware of our weight and tend to bounce back quicker than someone who has never struggled so I'm sure you will be just fine!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1285 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 882 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1354 views