He almost made it...

antntar
on 3/18/12 5:54 am - philadelphia, PA
On 3/16 I had my little guy at 34 weeks. I have been on bed rest since October due to a history of preterm delivery (24 and 26 weeks). I had a shortened cervix throughout the pregnancy and was taking projesterone injections. They couldn't due a cerclage because I had placenta previa. Around 26 weeks I started to go into labor and was admitted to the hospital for 2 weeks. Luckily they stopped it and I was sent home with a c-section scedualed for April 2nd at 36 weeks 4 days. The other night I started to have cramping but was told that I only needed to call if I had spotting. Around 12:30am I started to bleed and went to the hospital. I was brought in and put under general anathesia and Anthony was born at 1:44am weighing 5 lb. 10oz. and 19 inches long. He is in the nicu having some trouble with his lungs on c-pap and a feeding tube. They gave him some surfactant to help his lungs and for now he's getting all nutrients through IV. He is slowly improving and today we finally got to hold him for a little while  I can't wait until I can bring him home but the Dr. said atleast a couple of weeks.

tamiissunshine
on 3/18/12 7:57 am - Halsey, OR
I hope he continues to get better.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

linda.traxler
on 3/18/12 9:09 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Congrats on your little miracle!  Hope he continues to progress well and that you can take him home soon!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/12 9:38 am - Woodbridge, VA
Your thread subject scared me - it makes it sound like he didn't make it, as in...glad that was NOT the case!
CATHERINE81
on 3/19/12 12:37 am - BROCKTON, MA
wishing you the best of luck and hope he gets stronger and im sure he will. keep god on your side and great and warm thoughts and i believe everything will work out. best wishes.
carinamenina
on 3/19/12 7:35 am
Hope he continues to get better and how great that you finally got to hold him...best wishes going your way!

onlyoneboy
on 3/19/12 11:08 am - St. Paul Park, MN
I know exactlly how you are feeling.  My little guy was born at 35 weeks on 3/10/12.  He is still in NICU waiting for him to eat.  Feel free to PM me if you need any support.  It is so hard being away from them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1280 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 879 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1348 views