Pregnancy while on birth control shot after RNY?

desireelynn
on 6/25/12 2:35 am
RNY on 06/26/12
Good MOrning Everyone,

I am not pregnant but decided to cruise on thru this forum and just take a look around. I have been reading that some of you got pregnant shortly after having your surgery and it seems as though all of you are doing well with it and I'd like to first say congratulations, but my question is did anyone get pregnant while on the birth control shot very soon after RNY surgery? I am having surgery tomorrow and want to make sure I take all the pre cautions to wait till atleast a year out and I know that someetimes that just doesnt happen and we get blesseed. thank you all in advance for the feedback :)
Celia S.
on 6/25/12 3:36 am - Grand Junction, CO
My body does not like hormonal birth control at all and never has. So my "too soon" pregnancy cannot be blamed on birth control failure...

I haven't heard very many Depo failures after RNY, but I have heard LOTS of nuva ring failures after weight loss surgery. Either way, I would definitely use a back-up form of birth control like condoms until you are ready for pregnancy.

Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow! You're in for a wild ride! Enjoy it! :))
desireelynn
on 6/25/12 3:38 am
RNY on 06/26/12
Thank you so much for the response and I'm ready for this crazy wild ride :)
twert80
on 6/25/12 5:54 am
Oral birth control didn't work for me prior to surgery, so i stayed away from it after surg as well.  I used the Nuva Ring for years without failure and had 2 planed preg as a result.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1261 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1339 views