Endocrinologist

LogansMommy
on 7/30/12 1:37 am - Marietta, GA
I gained 7 lbs. in 3 days with my Metformin!
I am going in to see the Endo. my systems are all off!
Guess no baby for awhile if at all~
I am focusing on my 6 yr. old baby...he is amazing and I am so lucky
to have him!
Just wanted to let you all know; I need a few prayers~
depression and PCOS is kicking my butt!
Thanks
Cheri

I continue to think of you all~ I'll keep you posted
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 3:36 am
Sorry to hear this!!!!! Praying for you! Keep us updated!!!!!
Nikki M.
on 7/30/12 6:59 am
Aww Cheri!!! My heart goes out to you! PCOS is a total witch!
That is surprising about the metformin... could there be another reason you are gaining weight? Is it super hot where you live? Maybe you are retaining water or something? From my experience, met never seemd to make me lose weight either. EXCEPT when I finally became pregnant! Then I lost 20 pounds instantly, eating whatever I want! As soon as I went off the met (third trimester) I started packing it back on.
There are so many benefits to met for PCOS, even if weight loss isn't one of them. So I strongly advise you to stay on it unless its making you sick or something... I will be curious to see what your endo thinks.
Have you met with a reproductive endo yet? I'm telling ya.... that is the way for us PCOS girls to go if you can manage it! I know it can be hard depending on availability in your area and cost/insurance etc. but it was SOOOOOO worth it to me! I would not be where I am today (successfully pregnant) without my amazing RE.
Sending you hugs and good luck Cheri!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LogansMommy
on 7/30/12 9:10 am - Marietta, GA
Melanie~ thanks for the love!

Nikki~ yep, I will stay on Metformin...swear it is why I was able to keep Logan in and had no
gest. diabetes! Water weight is probably a factor and I think I actually ovulated...

I rode my bike for about 2 miles yesterday will continue to focus on protein, smoothies in blender perfect right now here in Atlanta!

HUGS Pals root beer of course for you Nikki!
Nikki M.
on 7/30/12 10:01 am
LOL!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1280 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 879 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1349 views